KCeasy with LooknStop firewall

LIW

Hi,

I've just downloaded KCeasy from this website and installed it. Problem is its unable to connect. Looks like my firewall (LooknStop) has blocked its access. When LooknStop prompted me to allow or deny access, I basically allowed all KCeasy connection but still it cant seem to connect. When I disable my firewall, everything works perfectly. Anyone knows how I could configure my firewall? Thanks.

Regards,

Liw

P/S: Pardon my poor English. Hope its understandable. Thanks again.

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
allow the ports that kceasy is using.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi nephilim,

Thanks for replying. I went through KCeasy config but couldn't determine which port is KCeasy using. Do you mind telling me how to check for I am a noob when it comes to security stuffs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Liw

• Administrator

Go to internet filtering of LnS and create a rule to allow ALL ports over BOTH TCP and UDP, both INCOMING AND OUTGOING for KCEASY

This should be the first rule in list.

PS: No offence intended, but, if you don't have experiance with packet/ firewall rule creation LnS prolly isn't the firewall for you.

(and before anyone gets ideas.... i don't use LnS :whistle: )

kceasy.exe doesn't connect to the internet (except to load the start page or IRC chat)

you need to allow access for giFTl.exe

Do you mind telling me how to check for I am a noob when it comes to security stuffs.

you can check/edit the ports, with notepad, by opening C:\Program Files\KCeasy\giFT\conf\protocol\protocol.conf

(replace protocol with network name)

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. I will check it out when I come back from work.

Hmmm, since LooknStop isnt the firewall for me, what do you think about Outpost? Is it good out-of-the-box? What about its memory consumption? Or any other firewall recommendation? Thanks.

Regards,

Liw

• Administrator

"Easy to use firewalls" include Outpost, Kerio, Zone Alarm, Macafee, Norton, Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.

Out of those Outpost/KAH use prolly the least memory. However, mem usage isn't everything. Overall impact is much more important.

Try a few and see which one you like.

Really? I find Look n' Stop easier than Outpost.. Outpost seems to have more options to configure and stuff.

But yeah, Norton, Zone Alarm and McAfee are easy to use. Tried a long ass time ago.

• Administrator

But you don't need to mess with the options in outpost, with LnS you will end up having too create specific rules etc.

But you don't need to mess with the options in outpost, with LnS you will end up having too create specific rules etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lite,

Thanks for your help. I have uninstalled my lns and installed outpost pro (download from this site, thanks for the firewall) and my p2p clients seem to work nicely without needing me to create specific rules... just by allowing it to connect to internet. One more question. I went to Shield's Up...i got 100% stealth but when i test my outpost pro at pcflank...advance port scanner.... "135 open RPC Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is used in client/server applications based on MS Windows operating systems".... errr...anyway to make it closed?? how to check what is accessing using that port? tks.

regards,

Liw

Archived