Sorry about that — was truly a terrible & unforgivable lapse. :P

E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T (thanks again for your patience) :D

• Replies 77
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete 12

But will it be compatible with SSD with OS on it, together with UEFI-

I am running 4 SSD's in a raid with UEFI and it works great.

Can`t get a Boot CD, because Windows10 Pro i am using now, does not recognizes my DVD Recorder...it just disappeared. :angry:

It's strange, I have an old machine Asus P5Q with two IDE DVD drivers and Win10 has recognized.

Can`t get a Boot CD, because Windows10 Pro i am using now, does not recognizes my DVD Recorder...it just disappeared. :angry:

if your dvd recorder is not present in the bios too, disconnect it & reboot then connect it back & reboot.

Or you can reset bios to default settings.

ATI 2016 is getting better and better. :rockon:

taking ur advice, I plan to use the boot CD, now pls help me in deciding what to use - linux one or WinPE one, will d/l accordingly.

I find the Linux variant to be more effective and intuitive — the WinPE is great for folks who would want to also use their ISO to burn the program on a USB / external medium (not all programs are amenable to allow burning the Linux variant onto a USB / external medium — it can be done, though.)

Another little thing, the GUI of the WinPE variant can be fine-tuned for better font-rendering (at least for the session.)

taking ur advice, I plan to use the boot CD, now pls help me in deciding what to use - linux one or WinPE one, will d/l accordingly.

I find the Linux variant to be more effective and intuitive — the WinPE is great for folks who would want to also use their ISO to burn the program on a USB / external medium (not all programs are amenable to allow burning the Linux variant onto a USB / external medium — it can be done, though.)

Another little thing, the GUI of the WinPE variant can be fine-tuned for better font-rendering (at least for the session.)

i'm using the linux variant

but i'm unable to BOOT it

it shows OS not found i tried all 3 version of GPT,MBR and UEFI all

but it doesn't boot

regards

but it doesn't boot

regards

In that case, try the WinPE variant. ;)

but it doesn't boot

regards

didn't get a download link and don't know how to use the LINUX vairiant

regards

but it doesn't boot

regards

regards

Check out post # 31, for the WinPE based BootCD — use it the same way as you would use the Linux variant. F3h9xqz.gif

but it doesn't boot

regards

regards

Check out post # 31, for the WinPE based BootCD — use it the same way as you would use the Linux variant. F3h9xqz.gif

Some problem with the download link looks like mediafire

jXqzpFp.png

regards

but it doesn't boot

regards

regards

Some problem with the download link looks like mediafire

jXqzpFp.png

regards

No such downloading problem, here - please check out the rules on your Adblock Plus and/or NoScript (or any equivalent security add-on/s.)

Please note, you need to pass a re-captcha, from Google before you will be presented with the download link:--

6DVeVEK.png

I was error when try active Active acronis startup recovery manager but unsuccess (with linux boot cd and winpe boot cd). Any body try it?

can anyone of u guide me how to use the BOOT CD 2016 on pendrive?

i know its done by rufus but anyone guide me

regards

I was error when try active Active acronis startup recovery manager but unsuccess (with linux boot cd and winpe boot cd). Any body try it?

What seems to be that compelling need to activate the Acronis Startup Manager, when using a BootCD? lEMe01Z.gif

I have had lots of issues with Acronis over the years and gave it up some time ago.

Is it any better now, or is it still full of bugs?

If you want total quality, switch to Macrium Reflect.

I have had lots of issues with Acronis over the years and gave it up some time ago.

Is it any better now, or is it still full of bugs?

If you want total quality, switch to Macrium Reflect.

I don't understand all the fuss about Macrium Reflect. Yes it works most of the time, however its compression and speed for doing a full disk backup is pathetic as compared to Acronis. Talking about reliability, Acronis is just as reliable, if not better. Both WD and Seagate use Acronis as their OEM disk imaging software, therefore Acronis has a huge user base. Even only a tiny portion of its users make some complaint, you'll hear it. On the other hand, most people don't even know Macrium Reflect, and the chances for you to hear people's complaint about it are even less.

So my point is, switching to a different product is fine, but it won't eliminate your problems. I suggest that people make disk backups using at least two different disk imaging programs. For me they are Acronis TI and Terabyte Image for Linux/Windows. Being using them for more than 10 years and never had any problem.

just installed 2016 yesterday now getting BSOD snapman.sys.

Serves him right for using an installation eventhough the BootCD is readily available. :tehe:

Thanks for your info dcs18, was just making a complete system-backup ( with Acronis 2014 boot-cd).

And then wanted to install this 2016-version on my brand new machine, after reading your info ;better wait till next version is available.

This 2016 boot-cd working perfect also , it "sees" both my internal HDDs and SSD( with OS on it)

You can ask yourself ; is it your system or is it the Acronis-program ??

I think its Acronis, still toooo buggy......

Thanks for your info dcs18, was just making a complete system-backup ( with Acronis 2014 boot-cd).

And then wanted to install this 2016-version on my brand new machine, after reading your info ;better wait till next version is available.

This 2016 boot-cd working perfect also , it "sees" both my internal HDDs and SSD( with OS on it)

You can ask yourself ; is it your system or is it the Acronis-program ??

I think its Acronis, still toooo buggy......

how did u use ur boot cd

did u burn ISO to the USB? or CD?

regards

Two important points to bear in mind:—

1. The ATI 2016 is just a beta, and is not meant for the general public.
  2. Installing Acronis shall certainly cause grief, sooner than later — regardless of whether beta or stable.

Archived