Fix: The Installation Failed In The First_Boot Phase With An Error During Migrate_Data Operation (0x80070004 – 0x3000d)

212eta

While upgrading to Windows 10, many PC users are getting “Installation failed in the First_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation (0x80070004 – 0x3000d)” error, and not able to complete the upgrade because of this error.

During the upgrade process, the setup starts restoring previous version of Windows, and once restored,

the Windows 10 setup file shows “We couldn’t install Windows 10.

We’ve set your PC back to the way it was just before you started installing Windows 10. 0x80070004 – 0x3000d.

The installation failed in the First_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation” error.

The error seems to be appearing for users who are trying to upgrade to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool with option set to Keep installed apps and files.
Error code: 0x80070004 – 0x3000d

Although there is not a definite solution out there to fix the error, most users have been able to get rid of the error by following the below mentioned workaround.

Fix: The Installation Failed In The First_Boot Phase With An Error During Migrate_Data Operation (0x80070004 – 0x3000d) (by intowindows)

• Replies 1
  • Views 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this error and eventually did a clean install.

I suspect that was a good move but had I founf this fix then, I would have used it!

Archived