Can I delete $Windows.~BT & $Windows.~WS folders after Windows 10 upgrade?

212eta

"After you upgrade to Windows 10 you may notice two folders on your System or C Drive named $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS. These folders are created by Windows, during the upgrade process.

The question now is – Is it safe to delete these $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS folders?"

Read the whole article:

Can I delete $Windows.~BT & $Windows.~WS folders after Windows 10 upgrade?

(by thewindowsclub)

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you can, if the update is made. This is a temporary file and is used only once.
The next time will be made a new, if it is needed.
If you have CCleaner and / or Wise Care 365 with correct settings, it is automatically deleted. If not, is Your choice - will You delete it or not, but it is useless.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Windows 7, and don't want Windows 10, so I deleted folder $windows.~BT and uninstall update KB3035583 (Windows 10 Upgrade Notification), but $windows.~BT reappeared and downloading again.

What to do to permanently stop upgrade to Windows 10?

I have Windows 7, and don't want Windows 10, so I deleted folder $windows.~BT and uninstall update KB3035583 (Windows 10 Upgrade Notification), but $windows.~BT reappeared and downloading again.

Take a look here

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-client/q-how-can-i-stop-my-corporate-users-not-running-enterprise-editions-being-offered-win

You can even remove it with old-fashioned "Disk Cleanup". No 3rd Party software needed.

But I've never had an issue removing those, and Windows.old manually, barring fighting NTFS permissions to do so.

EDIT: You have the option to do that AFTER the upgrade (Disk Cleanup). You might have to remove it yourself and suppress the GWX app to prevent it coming back,

just run cmd from admin & copy/paste this:

WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583

delete this piece of crap, restart your pc and hide update KB:3035583 for future in windows update center.

and for future use chose 'notify to download & install updates'(Read those support info, KB articles) :D

u damn right bro.

Archived