Reject Windows 10 and Switch to GNU/Linux Instead, Says Free Software Foundation

Karamjit

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of everyone switching to it, but there are so many OS level problems with Linux that many people could just not deal. Users don't want to go to the terminal whenever they actually need to get things done: Just as blind people don't want to use it if it doesn't have a proper web buffer mode like NVDA or JAWS for Windows. I yearn for the day that the Linux Desktop doesn't feel like crap in comparison to oS10 or Windows.

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if linux was as good as the very few claim ...it would by now have claimed 99 9% of the microsoft and apple market...there is one reason and only one reason why it has not... it ain't that easy to use and hardly anything big companies want to use will run on it...why would the business world pay billions of dollars to run windows if they could run Linux for free...or the average home user pay for or go the trouble to pirate windows if a free Linux was so easily able to be used

Some people are just not smart enough to use Linux

MidnightDistortions

I like Linux, however there isn't enough support for the entire world to drop into it. I'd prefer to have it installed on my computer and use it for the internet and basic stuff, but the problem is that 90% of the world relies on Windows to get stuff done and do not have the luxury of learning a new OS that a good chunk of hardware won't work with. Even with using Linux there's going to be times where you need Windows to do something but at the very least i can virtual boot Windows any time i want.

Not to mention i am having problems getting Linux Mint to work properly with my media/internet PC. Not sure if it's Linux or my computer but it's a process that most won't want to deal with. I've put off trying to figure out the problem which is probably the disk i burned the installation disk to but yea, right now Windows 7 is fine. Rather than rejecting Windows for Linux this article is trying to convert people into an OS they are not ready to use or the OS is not ready for them.

If you are tech savvy enough, having Linux on a bootable device is really all you need for now, and if it works for you, the better.

Archived