Sound recorder

mara-

Hi,

I would like to hear some suggestions about some good sound recorders. I don't like Audacity, from frontpage, so I'm looking for alternatives. I need to record something, using microphone input, and single recording can last up to 24 hour, so I need a reliable program.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 8
  • Views 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should try Absolute Sound Recorder, if I may ask, why do you not like Audacity?

Here's the DL:

Site: www.mediafire.com

Sharecode: /?tnyzq1himln

I do not like Audacity because it does not have option for direct recording to mp3. This is minor problem. But, after 24 hour of recording, using laptop, I extracted everything to mp3 and then I transferred it to my main computer which has good 5.1 system. Sound was terrible, and I know for sure that source from which I recorded is fine. Maybe I missed some setting, but I doubt. BTW, thanks for the link.

Cheers :lol:

I use TotalRecorder (2-3MB) for serious needs, but i've discovered RecordPad (0.5MB) for minor needs.

I think botch can record in mp3 directly.

Looks nice. I don't like the thing that it need driver installation, but I'll test it. Or it can work without driver? Do you know what for is the driver?

Cheers :lol:

TotalEcorder suggest you to install a driver which acts as an intermediary object between idontknow and whatthehell xDDD

When you decide to install that driver, you'll see a new device in sound output list (for example AC97 (Wave), AC97 (DirectSound) and AC97 (TotalRecorder)). With it installed some things get better (for example, the level of sound input is more accurate and it's easier not overloading your result).

But did you find a serial/kg for latest version ? It does use a very tricky of letting you think you have a registered copy... when not truly registered, it inserts a heavy noise each 1:05 of recording.

I have v7.0 with working serial, but it's has grown up to 5MB... so i use v6.1 (>3MB).

I found some patch and program now shows that it's registered. I did not tested anything yet, but I'll do it soon.

Cheers :P

Total.Recorder.Professional.v7.1.Incl.All.Addons-DOA

Site: mediafire.com

Code: /?gndmxrutn1i

Confirmed to be working, but untested by me...

TRPE 7.1: 5 minutes of recording and it seems to work ok (no noise inserted each 1min).

Info about the drivers (7.x have 2 kind of them):

http://www.totalrecorder.com/tr_drivers.htm

I use to install the minimum possible, so i've installed it without driver almost always.

PS: Thanks for that link. Latest SyncBackSE would be great xDDDD

Archived