Which way do you think is the most fair about promoting threads?

Laryy

A poll about promoting treads !  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which way do you think is the most fair about promoting treads?

• Based on number of posts !
    • Based on number of likes / thanks !

• Replies 26
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi:

A poll is no an easy thing to build. Based on your question you biased the answer.

Bottom line be careful how you build it.

Two choices in my opinion is not enough. Based on that I can not vote.

Perhaps a weighted average of many factors, included the one you mention is better option in my opinion.

Thanks

Hi:

A poll is no an easy thing to build. Based on your question you biased the answer.

Thanks

Any suggestions are welcome !

Hi:

Thanks

Dont beat a dead horse. You can ride this "thing" for as long as you want, but it will get you nowhere. You talk about post counts and people who accumulate them (in your own words)

The question is that whoever will post 750 nonsense things will get the vip status or veteran after more posts?

Since this is a mute topic (as stated by Cc)....You are currently adding to your own post count by posting the very "nonsense" that you say others post.

Hi:

Thanks

Dont beat a dead horse. You can ride this "thing" for as long as you want, but it will get you nowhere. You talk about post counts and people who accumulate them (in your own words)

The question is that whoever will post 750 nonsense things will get the vip status or veteran after more posts?

You are currently adding to your own post count by posting the very "nonsense" that you say others post.

Hi:

Thanks

You are currently adding to your own post count by posting the very "nonsense" that you say others post.

Hi:

Perhaps a weighted average of many factors, included the one you mentioned is better option in my opinion.

Thanks

When I was at appznet only the Admins like Cheif and Daf could make you and an elite . But it was based if you posted useful stuff and if you stopped posting useful stuff it got took away . It was not based on the number of likes or your post count . A person may or may not be liked but can be a contributor in great masses . Some places make you pay money to get a title . Every place is different . And no matter were you go you have to follow there board rules.

Hi:

Thanks

Hi:

Thanks

Hi:

Perhaps a weighted average of many factors, included the one you mentioned is better option in my opinion.

Thanks

It is a bit difficult to do a weighted average. I don't know if technical is it possible. Anyway,I guess that is a good idea to do a weighted average between : number and post, number of likes / thanks and seniority .

It is a bit difficult to do a weighted average. I don't know if technical is it possible. Anyway,I guess that is a good idea to do a weighted average between : number and post, number of likes / thanks and seniority .

Do you think most of us care if were VIP or Vets here ? I know I don't I joined here in 2007 and didn't get enough post here tell 2014 to be a VIP . The reason I became a vet was because I started contributing in the news section was all. Do you think your going change the way things are done by a poll ?

For more clarity :

When I have started this debate I started from idea : Which is the most important : the quality or the quantity?

For me the status from a forum it isn't a lot of gold or money.

In my opinion, the status should show how many people have appreciated your contribution to the forum, because the forum is that place where people are helping each other.

The status from a forum is a moral quality which should impose respect between the members.

In this way, I can make n posts in a very short time, and I will become veteran soon.

But why should I make this with useless posts?

@Laryy, really its not a popularity contest here the way software section is setup were people can post installers without fixes its not just a warez site its more of a news site . Just be glad they still let you post these things at all here . I mean I could dump scene files in the software section all day long and test every thing that was not 0day I done it before . But I just do this for fun and of course someone who post warez would get more thanks than those that don't . Do you think that would be fair to people that contribute in other sections of the board?

Any type of content could be quality.

For example : I posted a melody with Abba and I have received a lots of thanks / likes. So it was not software or cracks.

I don't see the reason for which a member with 15000 thanks / likes which helped a lot of people should be into the same category with users with 0,71,49,79,56,30,2,36,0,34,41,15 likes / thanks.

I know what your getting at, but all of the VIPs and Vets here got it from post count . So how do think most of them vote? if it were even up to us its not . If they was to overhaul the whole system were it was fair not by post count or likes/thanks but by there works it would only be a handful with titles here and cause many to leave if they cared about there status .

The root cause of the entire matter is the perceived glamor of flaunting a ViP (or even a Veteran) status.

Unfortunately, the bitter truth is that there is almost no advantage of being a ViP or a Veteran other than being permitted to view and post at a forum (hidden to others) where nothing exciting really takes place.

I would be more than willing to trade my own status in exchange for the mere right to be able to delete my own posts - don't think that such a revolution is gonna happen, anytime soon.

Moral:--

The ViP or Veteran status is pretty much useless in its current form - take this, from someone who has already been a Veteran twice all over.

Don't wanna take my words at face value - fine, just ask november_ra1n (he has been a Veteran twice, too.) FWIW, enjoy your new found designation - its a heady feeling . . . . . . . . . . initially, which won't last long (sorry to prick the ViP bubble.)

Only Vip status were you really get much for being a VIP is were you make a donation somewhere and they offer rewards for it. What you expect for free ? Most free titles I had that's all I got at any board was able to view a closed section that not really much goes on . You get what you pay for . :)

is there any benefit with Veteran & ViP status ?

To my eyes - none other than access to a hidden forum (Fallout Bunker) where the probability of excitement happening is as likely (or unlikely) as a nuclear war. :tehe:

Members who are ViPs and Veterans are permitted to place requests at this forum - but then, which self-respecting member who earned such a status would really need to be requesting any software?

ViP members can access the Fallout Bunker section and Veteran members ?

Copy what software says - the only difference between ViPs and Veterans is . . . . . . . . . . . . . the color. ^_^

For more clarity :

When I have started this debate I started from idea : Which is the most important : the quality or the quantity?

In my opinion, the status should show how many people have appreciated your contribution to the forum, because the forum is that place where people are helping each other.

The status from a forum is a moral quality which should impose respect between the members.

In this way, I can make n posts in a very short time, and I will become veteran soon.

if you think you have better way to do this ...by all means start your own site...and then you can answer to all the people who thing you are doing it all wrong...this site works only because the site admin, mods and other staff work hard to make it happen....and by the way veteran posters who got that way posting nonsense just do not hang around for very long...and it does not take long to figure out who the "good" or who "nonsense" vets are

For more clarity :

if you think you have better way to do this ...by all means start your own site...and then you can answer to all the people who thing you are doing it all wrong...this site works only because the site admin, mods and other staff work hard to make it happen....and by the way veteran posters who got that way posting nonsense just do not hang around for very long...and it does not take long to figure out who the "good" or who "nonsense" vets are

1. I also work here such as many other users.

2. The power of a forum stays in his users, which bring content to that forum. Also , the moderating team is very important but without any users and content, what should they do?

3.If the moderating team hasn't closed this subject, it means that feedback counts for them.

4.In democratic countries/communities any debate is always welcome!

Do you live in the North of Correa?

the mods also have stated that the way they do it here is the way they will continue to do it as no other way has arisen over the years that is better...they also gave reasons as to why too unless you missed those posts....or have chosen to ignore them... and yes if a way comes up that is better they will embrace it...but it also must be a way that does not require one or several people to do nothing but input stats all day long just to satisfy the whims of one member...what they are doing now is not only easy but also fair... and as stated by the admin and mods the trash/ spam and nonsense posters tend to weed themselves out in very short order as they just as group do not like to follow the rules so they end up getting banned or quit on their own

the mods also have stated that the way they do it here is the way they will continue to do it as no other way has arisen over the years that is better...they also gave reasons as to why too unless you missed those posts....or have chosen to ignore them... and yes if a way comes up that is better they will embrace it...but it also must be a way that does not require one or several people to do nothing but input stats all day long just to satisfy the whims of one member...what they are doing now is not only easy but also fair... and as stated by the admin and mods the trash/ spam and nonsense posters tend to weed themselves out in very short order as they just as group do not like to follow the rules so they end up getting banned or quit on their own

To debate = one user proposes something, and other users agree or not.

If the majority opts for one way, the staff can considered the option useful , and sooner or later,maybe, they will act according with that option.

This poll shows there are other users which agree this way.

If the staff team won't act in the future about this option, it won't be the end of the world.

Archived