Which is the better boot disk?

d3v

I've used hirens boot disk for a while but found most of the tools to be rather useless and many didn't even run at all.

Are there any alternatives which are better?

• Replies 5
  • Views 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But... what's the use you will have ? Partition, Recovery, Testing,...

Currently i'm using HBCD on a PenDrive mainly for Partitioning (and Mini WinXP rulezzz). I have to admit i don't use most of applications included.

PS: Sorry shought, but imo freeware (or opensource) usually can't compare with commercial-ware.

PS: Sorry shought, but imo freeware (or opensource) usually can't compare with commercial-ware.

Well, I'd be happy to listen to alternatives, which commercial tool would you recommend?

I really liked the one I mentioned the last time I was searching for something like this.

I was trying to mean...

That "legal" Ultimate Boot CD has only freeware (though it has Ghost, and it needs a license)

For partitioning there's no freeware/opensource tool like Partition Magic or Acronis. Even i can make partitions with FDisk (or similar tool for NTFS), the power you receive with those 2 programs can't be compared. I have a boot cd/floppy with Partition Logic (open) and can't compare. It's nice, but can't compare.

And so on for each category. So my preference is clear: HBCD all the way (Mini WinXP is a gift to recover some things).

I know there are free/open programs much better than commercial equivalents (too few, but they exist).

That's my own opinion, and all people have, at least, one xD

Archived