'Thank You' Button System

Rock Lee

Well since everybody is talking about a Thanks button system, why not acclimate the thread to that discussion? Biz (technically :lmao:) brought it up first, I second, & the rest is history. Now that I think more about it, I am more acceptable of a thanks button than a rep system. Let's see where this goes...

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not necessarily a suggestion, more like a question. Have you guys ever considered a rep system? I see situations where a rep system would be useful. Just wondering, I haven't been here a while so I'm not sure how you guys think.

Not for the current forum software, but IPB3 comes built in with a powerful reputation system that can be customised. One possible setup could be to disable negative reputation points and only rate positive posts. You can see it in action here (The green numbers).

Generally I'd recommend staying well clear of reputation systems, as I've only had bad experiences with them. If somebody rates another negatively, they'll return the favour. :lmao:

Not for the current forum software, but IPB3 comes built in with a powerful reputation system that can be customised. One possible setup could be to disable negative reputation points and only rate positive posts. You can see it in action here (The green numbers).

It looks to me like nsane.forums is gonna get a major face lift when v3 comes out...

Generally I'd recommend staying well clear of reputation systems, as I've only had bad experiences with them. If somebody rates another negatively, they'll return the favour. ;)

:lmao: yeah I forgot about that. I like the idea v3 has for positive posts only.

How do you feel about a thanks button? Generally the same thing except it cant be negative.

EDIT: Biz said the above already :D

@ Anteus

According to this thread, it was supposed to be released in final version in December.

Im not sure about price & upgrade, but there is a link in the first post that may relate to this.

@ Anteus

According to this thread, it was supposed to be released in final version in December.

Im not sure about price & upgrade, but there is a link in the first post that may relate to this.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I don't know what to think about this... I think a Thanks system would be good, but as mentioned before negative reputation should maybe only be allowed to be given by staff or something, when someone makes a small 'mistake'(as in breaks a rule), but it is not enough to actually warn him or something? Don't know if this is possible.

I don't know what to think about this... I think a Thanks system would be good, but as mentioned before negative reputation should maybe only be allowed to be given by staff or something, when someone makes a small 'mistake'(as in breaks a rule), but it is not enough to actually warn him or something? Don't know if this is possible.

I think that might be possible with IPB3. I'll take a look on my test board.

IPB3 is in Release Candidate (2) stage, so it should be released within the next few months. I'm not sure the status of our license here - if it was a perceptual one it would be a free upgrade.

The positive reputation only acts like a thanks system. :dance2:

I would prefer that members could give "Thanks" to other members. That way you can see that there are members who like that specific member.. :dance2:

But the negative could be, that people (friends) give each other million thanks..

Let's wait and see what happens. But yea, I like the idea :dance2:

I see I need to change this thread name to 'Thanks System' since pretty much everybody is more in favor of that.

you may get "luv ya" from me- not a thanks.... ;)

on a serious note- I believe that would be useful!

I would prefer that members could give "Thanks" to other members. That way you can see that there are members who like that specific member.. :P

But the negative could be, that people (friends) give each other million thanks..

Let's wait and see what happens. But yea, I like the idea ;)

I think you should be held to a limit, like a maximum of 5 thanks (in different threads) a day to one user. That should bring things back down to size for people trying to get ahead of everyone :D

you may get "luv ya" from me- not a thanks.... :P

on a serious note- I believe that would be useful!

L word, no no :o ; It's changed along with the first post.

I'm up for the thanks system - even though ill be sat on 0 for years :D

I don't think we should be bothered about people getting in front.... I'f some one wants to spam out 600 votes on 1 person let them do it... let them feel BIG for doing it... the honest people will stay clear of it... "the thanks button wouldn't be some sort of game/leader board thing", There shouldn't be no competition.

Just remember the votes you cast could always bee reset. so the time you put in to cast your self 5 votes (or evan 600) and get figured out your going back to 0... (but why the hell would you bother to do this? pointless and kiddish... and therefore shouldn't be on the "big boys forum" hehe.

I'm more concerned about the space it will take up, cause i can imagine someone making a post, and then about 50 people with 2-3 posts saying thanks just for the kicks...talk about button abuse :D

this would go liek the REP system along side of Posts on the left "I think".

You say thanks to the person who posted.

EG

Group: ViP

Member No.: 5,849

Thanks/Rep: 90 - from hereon some sort of log when clicked could show who said thanks to the person. (bam no more Thanks posts)

so now we're at a rep system?

if so, then the title should be changed to reputation system...less confusing, or am I wrong?

didn't read the entire thread, cause I can't concentrate when I'm surrounded by this many sweets...mmmmm

I don't know rep or thanks they both gonna do the same thing If the forum provides a Log of who ever Reps/Thanks the user.

I think this thread is getting confused lol

I think this thread is getting confused lol

+1

i agree

so far, I'm not sure what to rename it, cause most of the thread is about the thanks button system

This thread was originally 'Reputation System' then it got changed into Thanks Button System because that's what everybody agreed on. I missed this whole conversation with you two but I get the jist of what you're talking about...

EDIT: I believe I said something in relation to this in the first post (I edited that one too)

Another +1 on the thank you button. Hopefully when IPB3 comes out you guys can implement this into it :yes:

Archived