Windows 8.1 Activation Backup Restoration problem

hp owner

In my PC I having dual boot. Windows XP Professional and Windows 8.1 Enterprise are installed. I am having old Online Activation Backup. i.e. I have saved Store folder from previously activated Windows 8.1 Enterprise. For Windows 8.1 Enterprise activation restoration I have performed the following steps :

1. Booted from Windows 8.1 Enterprise, then rum Command Prompt As Admin, then run slmgr -upk. After that run slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. Completed successfully.

2. Now booted my pc from Windows XP Professional then replaced the original Store with my backup Store.

3. Now I have booted to Windows 8.1 Enterprise and found it is not activated. But I have activated previously for Windows Vista or Windows 7 in this way. Then I have tried slmgr /ato or slmgr -upk but I have found Error:0x80070426 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007042'. Then I have tried slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007042 and found The service has not been started.

4. Under Service I have found Software Protection is Stopped though the property is Delayed Start. I have tried to start and got error as Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied.

5. Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.2 is not working for restoration.

Please help me. Please !!!!!!! Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

ATM is not compatible for Online Backup Restoration.

Use OPA Backup that is compatible online and phone activation >>>

#MTK also not compatible Online activation#

the best way to backup ur activation data is the manual way

what u need only is new text

1 - write inside it the serial number u entered it in command

2 - write inside the ID what u get

3 - write inside the activation code what u get after u did skype call by urself or by supporter

in the November_Ra1n Topic

I did this steps many many times and every time i do fresh install

1 - I enter the same S.N

2 - So I got the same ID

3 - so I enter the same activation code

Notice :

One of my friends told me that I should care about that

1 - must setup the same copy of the dvd or iso windows

2 - shouldn't change any hardware of ur pc or laptop

3 - works with offline activation - as in online activation we don't get ID or Need to call M.S BY SKYPE

Best Wishes Guys

It's all about your drivers mate

Try to identically mimic the driver installations of previous windows then try to restore backup

november_ra1n

It's all about your drivers mate

Try to identically mimic the driver installations of previous windows then try to restore backup

Thats perfectly right install all drivers especially Intel Storage Manager Driver then use the backup tool reactivate the Windows/

I have installed Windows 8.1. I have not installed any Software or any Driver. Now I have activated Windows 8.1 in Offline and taken Backup Manually.

Whether, in future, when I have to restore the Backup Manually, I should not install any Software or Driver. Is it or not?

I have installed Windows 8.1. I have not installed any Software or any Driver. Now I have activated Windows 8.1 in Offline and taken Backup Manually.

Whether, in future, when I have to restore the Backup Manually, I should not install any Software or Driver. Is it or not?

100% Right

Archived