Burn The Sims 3 RELOADED to DVD

ESET Freak

ESET Freak

I just downloaded The Sims 3 RELOADED (rld-sims3.iso) and I wanna burn it to a DVD. The problem is, the iso is 5.598GB while a DVD is just 4.7GB. Is there any way that I can accomplish this without DoubleLayerDVD or splitting it to 2? I heard you can compress and burn it? Does that really works?

• Replies 4
  • Views 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really want the original DVDs, look for a release with CloneDVD in it's name.

That way it's almost certain you will be dling to original DVDs.

I'd extract ISO to HD and install the game, then delete or keep ISO in a folder for future use.

But that's what i'd do.

i'd suggest getting the razor1911 rls tho since it's retail whereas the reloaded version was a pre-final.. there's a patch out there that will convert the rld ver to rzr ver, but after installation, won't mod the iso..

however the razor is also 5.55 gigs.. :/

pretty sure it could be uharced or 7zipped to fit a dvd5, i'd do that after installing tho, making sure to export the registry entries..

here's how to get it on 2 x dvd5 tho if you can't bother with buying dvd9s: http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=86807 (not sure if this is 100% the same for rld ver tho, since it was a digital distribution version so the file structure might differ, also it has securom, rzr doesn't)

Archived