NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.48

jalaffa

Note: The NVCUVENC driver module was depreciated in R337 and has been removed in R340. We recommend developers to use the NVENC SDK for H.264 encode. This also requires a Kepler or Maxwell GPU to use. For developers and users that need to support for NVCUVENC, R337 or earlier drivers are required

@eddman or anyone who cares to respond: OK I have a GTX660M in my lappy. The 660m is a Kepler GPU. So what you are saying is that my GPU will support NVENC SDK for H.264 encode. Therefor programs like Xilisoft will work for me with GPU acceleration enabled with these newest drivers without any "extra steps"? Does Xilisoft support NVENC SDK for H.264 encode?

• Replies 36
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Xilisoft support NVENC SDK for H.264 encode?

Three posts above. #23.

Sooner or later we'll see converters with NVENC support.

@eddman thanx I must read more carefully next time.

OK....Since Xilisoft does not support NVENC SDK for H.264 encode coupled with the fact that my GPU does not support CUDA with the new drivers then it seams to me that I have 2 options if I want to use GPU Acceleration with Xilisoft.

1) Use older drivers for my GPU

2) Use the new drivers and then apply the "fix" posted by @AtumBatum

I think #2 is for me! thanx guys

One thing you guys might be forgetting is you simply cannot just add a couple DLL files to a system and expect it to work in all cases. From what I have found is you have to actually register the DLL files in this case to get it working properly. Simply run these commands once the files are in place!

cd c:\windows\system32
regsvr32.exe nvcuvenc.dll
cd c:\windows\syswow64

shutdown -r -t00

Once running all those commands in order you will have successfully registered the 2 DLL files and your system will automatically reboot to complete the process. Once I did this all my programs that use cuda was not supported are officially running.

-Sam3971

One thing you guys might be forgetting is you simply cannot just add a couple DLL files to a system and expect it to work in all cases. From what I have found is you have to actually register the DLL files in this case to get it working properly. Simply run these commands once the files are in place!

cd c:\windows\system32

cd c:\windows\syswow64

shutdown -r -t00

Once running all those commands in order you will have successfully registered the 2 DLL files and your system will automatically reboot to complete the process. Once I did this all my programs that use cuda was not supported are officially running.

-Sam3971

:yes: This worked for me! +1 :clap:

I still had no CUDA support in Xillisoft after adding the .dll files until doing what @sam3971 described above. Now works great!

Is v340.52 the last version for Geforce ...7/7M/8/8M/9/9M/200/200M/300/300M... Series? Will Nvidia provide updates for those series; also for upcoming Win10[whichever series is compatible]?

Hard to say buddy but to be sure, download a trial of either xilisoft video converter or ImTOO video converter and if your nvidia cuda button is greyed out it is not working.

MPC-HC, looks like CUVID is working, I'm not sure if it actually needs those 2 .dll files.

You do realize that's for decoding, right? Encoding and decoding are unrelated.

I'll post this here again: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

NVCUVID, nvidia CUDA video decoder; the one used by players like MPC-HC; still supported.

NVCUVENC, nvidia CUDA video encoder; used by video converters, no longer supported and removed.

Hey guys, so I decided to upload a home-brewed batch based patch for this. It is really simple to use, just run the batch file and let the script do the rest!

-Sam3971

Links

Ge.tt: http://ge.tt/8rRo2Y22/v/0?c

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b46epvy2laj3h2t/CUDA_Support.rar

Archived