Nexus 6 specs confirmed in new benchmarks

geeteam

Google is expected to unveil its biggest Nexus smartphone yet in the coming weeks, but the huge 5.9-inch Nexus 6 keeps being seen all over the web, in leaked pictures and image renders as well as in official documentation for regulatory bodies and in unofficial benchmark tests.

Twitter user @r0fl found a fresh CPU-Z listing that basically confirms all the monster specs of the Nexus 6 that were detailed in many previous leaks.

google-nexus-6-cpu-z-listing-1.jpg?w=576google-nexus-6-cpu-z-listing-2.jpg

According to CPU-Z, the Nexus 6 also known as the “Shamu,” will feature a 5.9-inch display with 2392 x 1440 resolution (that’s likely 2560 x 1440 when taking into account the phone’s navigation buttons), 2.65GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 420GPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and run Android 5.0 (likely the Android number version Google assigned to Android L).

Google is rumored to unveil the Nexus 9 tablet next week, alongside the final version of Android L, with the Nexus 6 expected to be launched in early November.

Source

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF? Total RAM 2970 & only 873 MB is available. typical android drawback, not so optimized Operating System per se. CxdVP0K.gif

You cant really judge by this; user may have some apps installed maybe.

WTF? Total RAM 2970 & only 873 MB is available. typical android drawback, not so optimized Operating System per se. CxdVP0K.gif

LOL! That is currently available RAM, which means some applications are using rest of the RAM.

Cheers ;)

So what? It's still not an optimized OS in any way. ^_^

LOL! That is currently available RAM, which means some applications are using rest of the RAM.

Cheers ;)

What if there are any background apps or some apps are installed well as the case may be. like I said before, Android is not so optimized OS in any way thats why there are Custom ROM's which gives users tight control over their devices isn't it? Nexus devices are supposed to be Bloat free & if we take that into consideration then we get a far clearer downside image of the whole perspective that this is not an optimized OS at all. :lol:

IMO any OS when using stock apps/OS should not use more than 25% of system RAM/Resources but with Andorid, generally more is less philosphy implies as it's in their DNA to not to optimize it's core neither the apps. For users to use the available resources more efficiently, is it like that they have to travel one of these thousand miles to get back what they wanted. :sneaky:

Cheers ;)

What if there are any background apps or some apps are installed well as the case may be. like I said before, Android is not so optimized OS in any way thats why there are Custom ROM's which gives users tight control over their devices isn't it? Nexus devices are supposed to be Bloat free & if we take that into consideration then we get a far clearer downside image of the whole perspective that this is not an optimized OS at all. :lol:

IMO any OS when using stock apps/OS should not use more than 25% of system RAM/Resources but with Andorid, generally more is less philosphy implies as it's in their DNA to not to optimize it's core neither the apps. For users to use the available resources more efficiently, is it like that they have to travel one of these thousand miles to get back what they wanted. :sneaky:

AS I said we cant judge until the final release. Android L has been very Optimised according to Google. The user might have more apps installed.

Pure Android is optimized pretty good. And you fail to see another point here. It's better that RAM is used as much as possible. Why do you need free, unused RAM? Why waste it when it's there? And we can't know which apps are installed and what is running in background of this phone.

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

AS I said we cant judge until the final release. Android L has been very Optimised according to Google. The user might have more apps installed.

Google said this in past too, Kitkat 4.4.4 is our most upto date top notch OS till date with unparalleled performance against other OS's available in the wild. :lol:

If Android OS is already optimized then Why they come up with another Android Family known as Android One? It's not because Hardware is not compatible but because it is not optimized so more is less for OS as well as for Apps.

Take an example of iOS, when developers knows that their apps are going to be run on xyz hardware they optimize them accordingly as per the guidelines set by Apple in their API SDK but same is not the case with Android. Android developers tend to develop apps by keeping high end devices in their mind instead of thinking about widespread Android ecosystem which in generally leads to exploitation of useful resources.. :think:

Pure Android is optimized pretty good. And you fail to see another point here. It's better that RAM is used as much as possible. Why do you need free, unused RAM? Why waste it when it's there? And we can't know which apps are installed and what is running in background of this phone.

Cheers ;)

I already said this that Stock Android OS's are bit more optimized than the other ones with bloat but still there is a need of further tweaking. no doubt available RAM should be used more efficiently as there is no logic behind keeping most of the RAM free if it cant be used but not by OS itself. Suppose If we have a 32 GB RAM on a Windows machine then it doesn't means that 25 GB should only be used by OS itself. :D

As far as issue of installed apps is concerned i leave this until Nexus 6 is not released to general public. ^_^

But who says that OS is using so much RAM? That's the point. We can't know what is running on the phone.

Cheers ;)

have a look at the screenshot at post #1. CPU 3 usage is zero which means system is not under load & most of the RAM is used by OS itself. :lol:

How do I know this? because i personally own 5 Android H/S viz. Sony Xperia C6902 & D5322, Gionee E3, iBall Andi 5Li & Last one is :secret: :p

Cheers ;)

Google said this in past too, Kitkat 4.4.4 is our most upto date top notch OS till date with unparalleled performance against other OS's available in the wild. :lol:

If Android OS is already optimized then Why they come up with another Android Family known as Android One? It's not because Hardware is not compatible but because it is not optimized so more is less for OS as well as for Apps.

Take an example of iOS, when developers knows that their apps are going to be run on xyz hardware they optimize them accordingly as per the guidelines set by Apple in their API SDK but same is not the case with Android. Android developers tend to develop apps by keeping high end devices in their mind instead of thinking about widespread Android ecosystem which in generally leads to exploitation of useful resources.. :think:

Cheers ;)

I already said this that Stock Android OS's are bit more optimized than the other ones with bloat but still there is a need of further tweaking. no doubt available RAM should be used more efficiently as there is no logic behind keeping most of the RAM free if it cant be used but not by OS itself. Suppose If we have a 32 GB RAM on a Windows machine then it doesn't means that 25 GB should only be used by OS itself. :D

As far as issue of installed apps is concerned i leave this until Nexus 6 is not released to general public. ^_^

I dont wanna go on with the argument you are trying to raise over here by comparing iOS and Android. Remember Android is an OS developed by Google on the Open Source platform which means anyone can tap into the code, manipulate it and use. Google develop ONLY the OS and then distributes it to the hardware manufactures to Optimise it on their various hardware for better performance, So you dont blame Google for unoptimised OS its the job on the hardware manufactures. Unlike Apple which strictly Private (CLOSED) therefore they are able to test their OS their hardware looking out backward compactibility as well.

Wow, it's like I am talking with child. CPU usage has nothing to do with RAM usage. Applications sitting in background will use RAM, but they don't have to use CPU.

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

I dont wanna go on with the argument you are trying to raise over here by comparing iOS and Android. Remember Android is an OS developed by Google on the Open Source platform which means anyone can tap into the code, manipulate it and use. Google develop ONLY the OS and then distributes it to the hardware manufactures to Optimise it on their various hardware for better performance, So you dont blame Google for unoptimised OS its the job on the hardware manufactures. Unlike Apple which strictly Private (CLOSED) therefore they are able to test their OS their hardware looking out backward compactibility as well.

Now, you are bang on Target. :clap:

Wow, it's like I am talking with child. CPU usage has nothing to do with RAM usage. Applications sitting in background will use RAM, but they don't have to use CPU.

Cheers ;)

Now, you are also bang on target but take this into consideration, when I pointed towards OS that it is not optimized & most of the RAM is used by OS itself you said that it may be possible that there are background apps which may be using it but when I pointed towards CPU usage you are referring me as a kid What the heck? If there are apps they are definitely going to use CPU core no matter whether it's 0.001% or 100%. ;)

Also care to take a look at CPU usage as well. :sneaky:

You should go back to basic, you have no idea what are you talking about. And where the hell you see 0 usage when cpu load is 52%? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers ;)

The 4th core usage isn't zero, it's stopped. Why is it stopped? Because it's some kind of implemented argument on the OS or driver to save the battery when all 4 cores are not required.

Archived