Waterfox 32.0.3

jalaffa

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

already install it from developer site , it will give u a boost on page loading no doubt about that ... more than that i am not sure... :unsure:

IMO the foot note "Waterfox shares the same profile data that Firefox does. Do not run both Firefox and Waterfox at the same time" doesn't make any sense, because once you get Firefox running when you try to open Waterfox what you get is another instance of Firefox running , and the opposite occurs.

IMO the foot note "Waterfox shares the same profile data that Firefox does. Do not run both Firefox and Waterfox at the same time" doesn't make any sense, because once you get Firefox running when you try to open Waterfox what you get is another instance of Firefox running , and the opposite occurs.

Runs slower than Pale Moon x64 at least for me.

never heard of pale moon,is it good?

It always depends on the user itself. But personally, I do not like how Firefox, as well as most Mozilla based browsers just add options set by default which may not be what you want in terms of privacy. Firefox and Waterfox has enabled by default the new "Protection layout" which will verify every single .exe file you download, sending your ip plus the information about that .exe file being downloaded to google servers "To protect you". In the old times I had to disable this feature in about:config, the first reason was legit files being blocked, with no chance to just ignore the warning, but you are forced to not being able to download it at all. THe second reason was I don't want any sort of sharing my downloads with google at all. Mozilla didn't even ask me for this, they just added it and enabled it by default. Then, Pale Moon is more of the old school, these features just doesn't exists at all, and when we talk about Privacy, Pale Moon is just better than Firefox and Waterfox.

In performance, the Pale Moon x64 bits which is a Native 64 bits version, it runs just faster. The features it has are great if you are those who play a bit with the browser before installing just another one. Tomorrow the new version of Pale Moon V25 will be release, I don't know how good it is compared to the latest stable 24.7.2 which has worked great for me. The new V25 is not compatible with windows XP due to it's improvements to newe hardware. You can find all the info in the Pale Moon official forums.

I have to say that if you do not like the "Old" Firefox GUI you should then not try Pale Moon, since Pale Moon uses an Hybrid Version of the classic GUI with some features of the Australis. Give it a try, it does worth.

Here a pic of mine lol

5pe8p4.png

WTF is wrong with this version of Waterfox!!?

OTWLakS.jpg

WTF is wrong with this version of Waterfox!!? - What do you mean?

Whenever the next version comes out of :beta: And a lot of your addons stop working see how you will like palemoon then, since they decided to move away from mozilla's code its even broke my ad blocker .

Important additional information with regards to extension compatibility does apply to this new major version, and some popular Firefox extensions do not work out of the box. This extension compatibility information will also be posted on the release day.

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5877

Whenever the next version comes out of :beta: And a lot of your addons stop working see how you will like palemoon then, since they decided to move away from mozilla's code its even broke my ad blocker .

Important additional information with regards to extension compatibility does apply to this new major version, and some popular Firefox extensions do not work out of the box. This extension compatibility information will also be posted on the release day.

"The Release is set to be tomorrow 10/10/2014, and I'm happy and ready to test it out."

A nice amount of addon developers are aware of this, and major addons will be compatible. I can't expect to use a browser as broken as Firefox "Plugin cointaner crashes at least 3 times per week when I play videos". Pale Moon has built in a lot of features that in ff you'll need to install an addon for it. The compatibility issue is a thing, but way overrated. I want my browser to be stable, safe, and fast, and to respect my privacy. Then, I look into addons. So far Pale Moon is the only browser giving me these features. And it has a native 64 bits version for my machine! Just cool.

"The Release is set to be tomorrow 10/10/2014, and I'm happy and ready to test it out."

A nice amount of addon developers are aware of this, and major addons will be compatible. I can't expect to use a browser as broken as Firefox "Plugin cointaner crashes at least 3 times per week when I play videos". Pale Moon has built in a lot of features that in ff you'll need to install an addon for it. The compatibility issue is a thing, but way overrated. I want my browser to be stable, safe, and fast, and to respect my privacy. Then, I look into addons. So far Pale Moon is the only browser giving me these features. And it has a native 64 bits version for my machine! Just cool.

There aware of it but developers of addons for Firefox don't seem overly concerned about making them compatible with Palemoon that's going always be based on and old code. I tested Beta 2 and got rid of Palemoon after that. I cant stand a buggy browser that's not compatible .

There aware of it but developers of addons for Firefox don't seem overly concerned about making them compatible with Palemoon that's going always be based on and old code. I tested Beta 2 and got rid of Palemoon after that. I cant stand a buggy browser that's not compatible .

Yeah, you tested a program that is supposed to be bugged, its a beta. I don't usually install betas to expect stability lmao.

My post were clearly about current version 24.7.2 which is stable as fk, can't be compared to FF, it just doesn't crash at all, and plugin container is waaaay more stable.

You talk a lot of a browser you haven't even used that much, makes sense to me. That's why all I get is "Beta, and buggy".

Chromefox talks a lot about privacy and security to the point you will think they are selling an antivirus software, in the other hand they do things all the other way around, just the opposite of what they claim to be doing to the point it becomes a joke. FF used to be great, now it's just good.

I can't stand a browser where I have to @ about:config because this legit file is flagged as malware, when it's not. It's like, let us think for you whats good or not, thats a joke, a big one.

Yeah, you tested a program that is supposed to be bugged, its a beta. I don't usually install betas to expect stability lmao.

My post were clearly about current version 24.7.2 which is stable as fk, can't be compared to FF, it just doesn't crash at all, and plugin container is waaaay more stable.

You talk a lot of a browser you haven't even used that much, makes sense to me. That's why all I get is "Beta, and buggy".

Chromefox talks a lot about privacy and security to the point you will think they are selling an antivirus software, in the other hand they do things all the other way around, just the opposite of what they claim to be doing to the point it becomes a joke. FF used to be great, now it's just good.

When I tested it what was buggy was the fact a lot addons stop working for it and its going be in changelog in the final as the developers done said . I'm using Cyberfox 32.03 AMD I don't have no problems with flash player or do i have any problems with add-ons .

When I tested it what was buggy was the fact a lot addons stop working for it and its going be in changelog in the final as the developers done said . I'm using Cyberfox 32.03 AMD I don't have no problems with flash player or do i have any problems with add-ons .

Well I'm using Pale Moon x64 24.7.2 and I don't have problems with flash player or any issues with add-ons. So tell me, whats your problem?

Anyways were way off topic if you want to discuss FireFox Vs Waterfox vs Palemoon vs Cyberfox open a topic in software chat .

Archived