uninstall programs

Nemesis

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Uninstaller! 2006 is a good package, it removes all programs on your computer, whether or not the computer wants them to be removed. Not just that, you can also hide entries in the Progams List and plenty more.

Defently worth a try :dance2:

SacredCultivator

Agreed with Greg.... Been using Your Uninstaller for quite a long time now and I must say it is the best.

I just downloaded it via mininova and i installed it. It asked me to update it and when i did, my WHOLE computer froze and stuttered. The icons were all gone and the every text was black. The only images i saw were the start bar the windows icon in the start bar and black outlines of the text o_o..

Anyway it was sorted after i reinstalled, but whats the point of it? Doesnt CCleaner do the same thing? Uninstall, find obsolete files/reg and its completely clean. Assuming you goto my computer>C:/>Porgram files to clear it out yourself too.

Not forgetting %appdata%. But really is there any use for it?

SacredCultivator

Hmmm I have never tried CCleaners Uninstaller...

So I have no voice on that..

But then for Your Uninstaller 2k4/6 you know that it deletes ALL traces of the Program...

When you MANUALLY Uninstall something there are still traces such as you said in the ProgramFiles folder but you can EASILY rid that.. The harder traces are those that are located in your Registry and manually deleting those can be hard because you do not know where it is located.

BUt yeah.. Strange how it messed up your stuff I just do not update it because that completely kills the license =X so yup yup...

• 2 weeks later...
SacredCultivator

Emm yeah Your Uninstaller 2006 would win for me.. as Advanced Uninstaller doesn't really 'show' what it is deleting so I am not sure if it really deletes all traces of a program =/

• 9 months later...

It seems to do. A word of advise though is to always select 'no' if asked for a restart during removal. This is because during removal the program removes through the usual windows method and then scans the registry etc afterwards.

:angry:

SacredCultivator

Haven't paid attention to this thread but...

Yes Your Uninstaller 2k6 is the best.. In my opinion, as to whether or not it deletes everything.. Who really knows *shrugs*, but I like it.

Archived