ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.301.0

jalaffa

seems to be a bug with flash still.

v7 works fine

v8 on http://www.twitch.tv has random chat disconnects

I had this problem with the beta and went back to v7 which solved it. now with v8 problem is back.

edit

adding twitch.tv in url checking to see if it solves the problem (same problem chat disconnects) :s

No such problem, here. h3uXN07.gif

I have no clue why V8 does this, i even did a clean install (as my previous was over the top of v7) and still twitch chat does some sort of d/c, i could be chatting then all of a sudden my color of my chat name changes and when that happens its as if i have been timed out by a MOD of the room but thats not the reason here cause it happens in my own twitch chat.

for some reason v7 has no problems i can open many tabs on twitch and never have a problem with the chat part of the site.

edit

I disabled protocol filtering and the chat part of the site no longer is being dodgy, has to be a bug there side cause v7 works flawless and has no problems with twitch for me.

• Replies 34
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone try EAV v8 with Windows 10 Preview?

I try on 2 pc with Win 10 x64... all had problem with hips... and the hips disabled...

got no problem with hips on Win 7 x64

I have no clue why V8 does this, i even did a clean install (as my previous was over the top of v7) and still twitch chat does some sort of d/c, i could be chatting then all of a sudden my color of my chat name changes and when that happens its as if i have been timed out by a MOD of the room but thats not the reason here cause it happens in my own twitch chat.

for some reason v7 has no problems i can open many tabs on twitch and never have a problem with the chat part of the site.

edit

I disabled protocol filtering and the chat part of the site no longer is being dodgy, has to be a bug there side cause v7 works flawless and has no problems with twitch for me.

You should just been able to just exclude what ever program that's causing it in protocol filtering . I had a few bumps the 1st day i installed v8 on a clean setup Windows 8.1 when I went to install new drivers .. Windows installer crashed when trying uninstall them and one other thing crashed the 1st night . Also my friend said one of her games crashed over on her system. But its been like 24 hours now for me every thing seems fine . I was about to uninstall it but decided to wait a few days .

Hey guys. Have been using NOD32 for almost a year. But my license is expiring in two months. So I have a question. Is this life OEM activation a fix? Because I have heard that the fixes destroy NOD32 and make it useless because it can not detect viruses effectively anymore

Hey guys. Have been using NOD32 for almost a year. But my license is expiring in two months. So I have a question. Is this life OEM activation a fix? Because I have heard that the fixes destroy NOD32 and make it useless because it can not detect viruses effectively anymore

You could use TNOD. That's just a program that finds usernames and passwords online. No patching required.

edit

You should just been able to just exclude what ever program that's causing it in protocol filtering . I had a few bumps the 1st day i installed v8 on a clean setup Windows 8.1 when I went to install new drivers .. Windows installer crashed when trying uninstall them and one other thing crashed the 1st night . Also my friend said one of her games crashed over on her system. But its been like 24 hours now for me every thing seems fine . I was about to uninstall it but decided to wait a few days .

so do i just tick the box for firefox? as the problem is with firefox/filtering on twitch web site? - instead of disabling the protocol filtering? -> i will try it.

edit

i tired just tickign the box for firefox - didnt work - i have to disable protocol filtering fully.

edit

so do i just tick the box for firefox? as the problem is with firefox/filtering on twitch web site? - instead of disabling the protocol filtering? -> i will try it.

edit

i tired just tickign the box for firefox - didnt work - i have to disable protocol filtering fully.

Well that proves that ESET is buggy you should not have to turn it off . What it does is sniff network traffic For Virus and Malware. Maybe they will resolve this in the next build you should report it to them.

edit

edit

Well that proves that ESET is buggy you should not have to turn it off . What it does is sniff network traffic For Virus and Malware. Maybe they will resolve this in the next build you should report it to them.

already got a forum post over at eset forums, but for now I went back to v7. they broke v8 somehow but others seems fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived