AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test (August 2014)

212eta

Hey listen to me....and this is the last word i said here in Av comparitive here...And that is...Nothing is even near the Kaspersky. No other product can even imitate the functionality programmed in Kaspersky

:lmao:

I bet if you using an slow atom processor computer you would be saying that KIS OR KAV would bring it grinding to a halt but AVAST or AVIRA would run good on it . Not every thing that works for some works for everyone . If all they made was bloatware half the people would not even have and anti virus . :dribble:

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey listen to me....and this is the last word i said here in Av comparitive here...And that is...Nothing is even near the Kaspersky. No other product can even imitate the functionality programmed in Kaspersky

I bet if you using an slow atom processor computer you would be saying that KIS OR KAV would bring it grinding to a halt but AVAST or AVIRA would run good on it . Not every thing that works for some works for everyone . If all they made was bloatware half the people would not even have and anti virus . :dribble:

this is not the matter. i know why people do not use nice apps often. the cause is money(other causes may exist). for example i visit such shops that sell security products...and you know what people like to buy??? the anwer is escan or k7. in india i came to know the price of k7 is rs 300 per year and escan rs.400 per year. but norton and kaspersky are not less than 900. now you know why people do not buy Kas or Norton. they have nothing to do with good security.

this is not the matter. i know why people do not use nice apps often. the cause is money(other causes may exist). for example i visit such shops that sell security products...and you know what people like to buy??? the anwer is escan or k7. in india i came to know the price of k7 is rs 300 per year and escan rs.400 per year. but norton and kaspersky are not less than 900. now you know why people do not buy Kas or Norton. they have nothing to do with good security.

At my house we have a family key for KIS for 3 computers for many years . Even though its here I never use it . Right now Im useing Eset NOD32 before I just used AVAST . Same with my nephew he could use KIS as well but only he use AVAST . So at my house because of money its not the case the reason I had used avast so long was the fact it used so little process . Now I have a better computer Ive still not installed Kaspersky in many years other than in a virtual machine and Ive never been infected using other antivirus like AVAST. :P

buddy where r u living in system32????

bcz kaspersky in india is 300rs for antivirus and 530 for KIS

its not 900 rs

for furthur details refer to flipkart and snapdeal sites they give u genuine licenses that to at chaepest rates

PS..never buy software from computer or software shops as they have their taxes so..always get a security soft online

regards

its not 900 rs

for furthur details refer to flipkart and snapdeal sites they give u genuine licenses that to at chaepest rates

PS..never buy software from computer or software shops as they have their taxes so..always get a security soft online

regards

at shops KIS still for 900 and on official KAS Website its also there for nearly 900.

its not 900 rs

regards

at shops KIS still for 900 and on official KAS Website its also there for nearly 900.

yeah ,,i know but who said u to buy from official site ? shops include the taxes+VAT

why would anyone buy when u have a 40 to 50% discount available

refer this

FOR KAV

http://www.flipkart.com/kaspersky-anti-virus-2014-1-pc-year/p/itmdr85f9dygzyg9?pid=SECDNFKJYSN4Q8DR&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=kaspersky&ref=4c0c818e-5f0c-4e15-8ba1-4473c126e7d8

and for KIS

http://www.flipkart.com/kaspersky-internet-security-2014-1-pc-year/p/itmdnvbcychq82tf?pid=SECDNFKNZAEZQTFX&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&query=kaspersky&ref=4c0c818e-5f0c-4e15-8ba1-4473c126e7d8

hope u got it

regards

dear kantry123 i think i am unable to make you understand what i said. i am not talking about myself. i am talking about people who do not buy online but prefer to go to shops (especially people living in villages and small cities so far as i know). historically i do not know even a single person who buys online. and he buys products i mentioned above. and i know if they have to pay online for Kas products even in this case they will not spend rs 530 the price u mentioned here. i said they have nothing to do with a very good product. they are all about money.

From my own experience, KIS has proved to be the most efficient malware protection so far. With the right tweaks on it's settings, it will run smooth on most computers.
Avast- Is good and so is Avira, but the last one gave me some performance issues, and many FP.
Emsisoft- Is cool if you tweak it to do not annoy you with the pop's up, even so you will still have more pop's up than any casual AV.
NIS- Didn't work for me, couldn't even run many legit files, used to use a lot of my HDD, its detection was average.
Bitdefender- Was okay, but I felt it heavy on my system, it used to use an always 1% of my cpu for some reason. "May be different today".
Sophos- Did good at web filtering, it's detection was good enough for anyone with a brain, also its GUI was a bit classic but very useful if you know what your doing.
ESET- Never failed to detect anything malicious, it felt light and smooth, but had to diasable some startup scan that was set by default, it delayed my desktop noticiable.
AVG- Didn't work for me, felt heavy and some apps stoped working after a couple of weeks while running it.
Quihoo360 is cool, some FP but not many, great detection, light.
AhnLab- Didn't work for me, didn't detect anything at all, heavy as a mountain.
eScan- Slow updating, the first one was about 35 min. Not a clear GUI, okay detection rate for anyone with a brain.

In short, most AV will be enough for the average user.

I used AVAST for like the last 5 years but it got were it has many false positives as well even it ate some legitimate programs .. So I switch to ESET... If you setup ESET right it dont have many false positives . Just it has false positives on websites that has cracks witch you can exclude . Kaspersky has always been another one that dont detect many false positives . Just its a very large install .

I used AVAST for like the last 5 years but it got were it has many false positives as well even it ate some legitimate programs .. So I switch to ESET... If you setup ESET right it dont have many false positives . Just it has false positives on websites that has cracks witch you can exclude . Kaspersky has always been another one that dont detect many false positives . Just its a very large install .

Hmm..yeah u r ryt

Avast used to be good before when it had a sterio like interface

but now yeah

kaspersky is a lot better than eset ::No offense

eset has less updates but kaspersky has very big update signatures

but

eventhough kaspersky is big its not as resource hogger as bitdefender

regards

Hmm..yeah u r ryt

Avast used to be good before when it had a sterio like interface

but now yeah

kaspersky is a lot better than eset ::No offense

eset has less updates but kaspersky has very big update signatures

but

eventhough kaspersky is big its not as resource hogger as bitdefender

regards

Every time there's been a real threat ESET never has let me down nether has AVAST . Back when I use to Beta test Kaspersky I had major troubles before with the kilf file damaging my pc and having to reformat . Even in stable versions before Ive had major BSOD but most of the time that was due to using apps that were not compatible with Kaspersky . You have to be careful using it or you could damage your HHD .

The most dangerous thing about Kaspersky is if your using the latest build thats not compatible with there uninstall tool is if you have trouble and need to uninstall it .Uninstalling from add or remove programs could really mess up you pc . So its best to use a compatible version with there uninstall tool. Kaspersky is always too slow at updating there tool to uninstall it.

Worse Beta testing ESET that happen to me was once it caused windows updates to stop working and AVAST Beta testing cause apps with net framework to stop working . Only way I beta test now is in VM . I learn the hard way.

I consider Dennis Test to be more actuate than this test were Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 , Norton Internet Security and ESET Smart Security 7 all won AAA awards .

100% or 98% is more or less the same , what most matter is the GUI and its user friendly capability.

Really 98% is bad because all the test are done with known thearts . If 2% of known ones can get by that means that almost any unknown 0day thearts could get by.

Heres what I read about this

The Secret Lie of Web Security

There are so many news stories about new cyber attacks, week after week, that it doesn't take long before your eyes start to glaze over when another comes along. So, in case you missed this one, CBS News reported this week that European hackers stole about $100M from various US bank accounts.

So what else is new?

And, no great surprise, it was reported that the strategy involved targeting "hundreds of thousands of computers with malware."

Hmm, more undetectable malware that penetrated cyber security defenses and gained access to confidential data? On one hand, I guess that shouldn't surprise us anymore. But on the other hand, I thought we were making great advances in improving malware detection technologies? Wait, what's really going on here?

I wanted to get to the bottom of this, so I went to the AV-Comparatives web site to read their latest report on the effectiveness of AV products. If you are not familiar with this organization or web site, they are a well-respected resource that offers:

"systematic testing that checks whether security software, such as PC/Mac-based antivirus products and mobile security solutions, lives up to its promises. Using one of the largest sample collections worldwide, it creates a real-world environment for truly accurate testing."

In their latest published report, from March 2014, AV-Comparatives tested more than 20 different AV products by pounding them with more than 125,000 malware samples. The results varied slightly, but in most cases the AV products were able to detect and block 98-99 percent of these malware samples. Not bad, eh?

Well, actually it's terrible for two reasons. First, these are known malware samples, so I would have expected 100 percent of known malware to be blocked by every product. Guess not. Second, a 99 percent success rate still sounds great, but this is where the "lie" of web security comes into play.

If a hacker fails 99 percent of the time, it sounds bad — but he is likely a rock star in the cyber criminal world because it only takes a 1 percent success rate to make big bucks. On the other hand, a business blocking 99 percent of all cyber attacks sounds impressive — but is likely a failure because it only takes one devastating attack to ruin everything.

Not to pick on Target, but well ok, I'm picking on Target as an example of that.

So the truth is that only 100 percent web malware protection is good enough. Anything less than 100 percent is a lie – it's a false sense of security and fails to protect your business. The core problem here is that we all place too much trust in detection technologies to stop advanced malware attacks. The reports from CBS News and the AV-Comparatives both provide proof that detection alone is no longer effective.

Franklyn Jones, CMO, Spikes Security

https://spikes.com/blog/secret-lie-of-web-security.html

You take this test right the ones that got 100% in this test fail to get 100% in other websites test means none are great . :unsure:

Archived