How to create factory restore (system recovery) partition in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1

fredlaso

[Guide]

Some laptops and computers have a built-in one key system recovery program or partition. This helps you restore your damaged system to its previously backed up state, often back to factory settings (aka restoring your computer to the state it came with when you bought it). This system recovery / factory restore can be handy. But, what if your laptop has none? At some point in time, you may experience some serious issues like Boot failure or Operating system not found and that can be very troublesome if you have no recovery partition or CD.

Well, theres no need for you to fret. After all, you can use a freeware like AOMEI OneKey Recovery to create a factory restore/system recovery partition on any of your computers or laptops. As of its current version, the program supports the following operating systems Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 (64-bit/32-bit, all editions). Read on to learn more.

http://dottech.org/163735/how-to-create-a-factory-recovery-partition-in-windows-xp-vista-7-8-and-8-1-guide/

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like i said, i use the Anatheros method (link in my other post), for many reasons, not least fo which

1) It is professional quality and with the newer version looks it especially

2) Uses windows built in imaging to capture/restore the image

3) Can sysprep an image with it

4) You can boot into the WinRE and recover files via the file manager BEFORE you resort to a full restore (extremely handy)

5) you can create recovery USB/DVD's from within windows

Thats just the top ones for me.

Its far better to not have to, with clonezilla, install grub and mess with the mbr/bootloader when theres no need to do it the hard way. It might be alright to mess with the mbr/bootloader on your own PC, but for me a create recovery setups for every PC i look after and give to people, and they know 0 about linux and shouldnt need to...messing with the mbr/bootloader should be a last option for anything except dual booting linux on a windows PC

Many severe limitations exist for such tools & it is usually hard to know what those are unless a lot of time & effort is spent to test.

Some are limited to certain OSes only; others require one partition only - most cannot cope with any multiboot system at all.

(Aomei OneKey Recovery is at least compatible with having multiple partitions, which is very good for those who need it.)

For anyone who is very technophobic such a tool as the nice & simple Aomei OneKey Recovery may be best to have all ready.

Most very basic users tend to trash their OS regularly and to have just one OS & partition anyhow - so this is a great thing for those folks.

Thanks for the pointer Fredlaso.

Archived