Waterfox 32.0

Bizarre™

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man... Id try this.. but nothing to compare with aurora 32bit and nihty 64 bit

its a bit slow...

Here summarize I made

Internet speed 10mb/s

load youtube video with 10 minute lenght

Full loading time (grey one not red)

Firefox beta 32 - 2 minute 24 second ( stable than aurora)

Firefox Nightly 35a 64bit - 30 second ( crash, unstable)

Waterfox - 2 minute 26 second (slow)

Firefox Aurora 34 - 8 second

not tested yet

Cyberfox

p moon

Nightly: builds created out of the mozilla-central repository every night. These are not qualified by QA.

Aurora: builds created out of the mozilla-aurora repository, which is synced from mozilla-central every 6 weeks. There is a small amount of QA at the start of the 6 week period before the updates are offered.

Beta: builds created out of the mozilla-beta repository, qualified by QA as being of sufficient quality to release to beta users.

There are not final releases...

PaleMoon and Cyberfox, Waterfox are 64bit browsers and final releases by an other "team".

Man... Id try this.. but nothing to compare with aurora 32bit and nihty 64 bit

its a bit slow...

Here summarize I made

Internet speed 10mb/s

load youtube video with 10 minute lenght

Full loading time (grey one not red)

Firefox beta 32 - 2 minute 24 second ( stable than aurora)

Firefox Nightly 35a 64bit - 30 second ( crash, unstable)

Waterfox - 2 minute 26 second (slow)

Firefox Aurora 34 - 8 second

not tested yet

Cyberfox

p moon

It would be interesting to know what you are actually testing. Or this is simply joke?

• 2 weeks later...

This is at the moment the so-called "Test-Version". There is a need to make some changes to make it easier to update. Looking forward good suggestions.

When it sometimes hangs up, this is Waterfox problem. Sometimes it hangs up less, sometimes it happens very often.

something is wrong with firefox 32.01 , it uses my cpu to much , making my system overheat more than it should.

i am using waterfox 32 same tasks as firefox and cpu is cooler by 20 degree and also the cpu usage is less by 20%. :wtf:

something is wrong with firefox 32.01 , it uses my cpu to much , making my system overheat more than it should.

i am using waterfox 32 same tasks as firefox and cpu is cooler by 20 degree and also the cpu usage is less by 20%. :wtf:

'll Look into it when I have the time. I only have a portable, usually I use the 64-bit versions. But I have it too.

I have compared now -
Cyberfox x64, Waterfox x64 and Firefox x86 (32-bit), there is absolutely no difference, the same CPU usage, if there are the same extensions in use and opened the same websites.

Apparently you need to look for, what regularly work, if Firefox is running. May-be some scripts, if to speak about Firefox and Waterfox, they used the same user data, if they are installed as usually. Cyberfox uses its own user data folder, it's different.
You must look up, what's the reason. But it isn't Firefox.

Archived