[solved] cleaning of old (cracked) IDM traces in the registry

mona

I decided to give IDM the last chance. ;)

AND THIS TIME I WON !!! :towel:

Here is whole detailed procedure - in case somebody has the same problem as mine :

..............................................................................................................

0. previously blocked 22 IPs in a firewall

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/

...............................................................................................................

1. unchecked 4 IDM entries in Autoruns

2. rebooted

3. uninstalled IDM running Revo PRO in most advanced mode,

4. rebooted

5. ran regedit with administrative rights

6. deleted :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Internet Download Manager (here are registration data not deleted by Revo !)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DownloadManager (here are settings - so don't need necessary to be deleted)

7. ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as Admin.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/ - step #2

8. ran IDMleftoverscleaner_downloader-I54bDxLeQ also as Admin.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/224427-removal-of-cracked-copy-of-internet-download-manager/?p=810781

9. rebooted

.......................................................................................................................

9. disconnected internet

10. installed newest version of IDM

11. registered with my own name / email and self generated key

12. went ONLINE and checked for IDM updates (Help --> updates) and got the message that IDM can't connect to the server... (it's OK)

..........................................................................................................................

This time everthing worked well, even surprisingly well.

In fact , by mistake, I hit "check for updates" at the moment when my firewall was temporarily switched off.

Guess what - I was presented with the massage that I have the newest version - but my (fake) key didn't got desactivated / blacklisted !!!!!! The program stays registered.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:flowers: Thanks to all who have helped : :flowers:

@ sirri, @ rkkdjb, @ rudrax, @ steven36

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

POSTSCRIPTUM :

Generally speaking - patches from different authors can place data in the registry in a slitly different manner.

I wrote above what worked for me. But - in case you used another patch - it's good to check and eventually delete (if present) also that key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Internet Download Manager

To know exactly where your patched data were placed - you can rename a .reg file (from your crack) to a .txt file and all the keys will be listed there. Just check if they are present and delete.

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to give IDM the last chance. ;)

AND THIS TIME I WON !!!

Here is whole detailed procedure - in case sombody has the same problems as mine :

..............................................................................................................

0. previously blocked 21 IPs in a firewall

...............................................................................................................

1. unchecked 4 IDM entries in Autoruns

2. rebooted

3. uninstalled IDM running Revo PRO in most advanced mode,

4. rebooted

5. ran regedit with administrative rights

6. deleted :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Internet Download Manager (here are registration data not deleted by Revo !)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DownloadManager (here are settings - so don't need necessary to be deleted)

7. ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as Admin.

8. ran IDMleftoverscleaner_downloader-I54bDxLeQ also as Admin.

.......................................................................................................................

9. disconnected internet

10. installed newest version of IDM

11. registered with my own name / email and self generated key

12. went ONLINE and checked for IDM updates (Help --> updates) and got the message that IDM can't connect to the server... (it's OK)

..........................................................................................................................

This time everthing worked well, even surprisingly well.

In fact , by mistake, I hit "check for updates" at the moment when my firewall was temporarily switched off.

Guess what - I was presented with the massage that I have the newest version - but my (fake) key didn't got desactivated / blacklisted !!!!!! The program stays registered.

update the first post with links to the tools used to get the work ;)

just a heads up there are 22 IPs to be blocked and not 21,u may have left out an IP and may get deregister sooner or later

Hence just add the missing IP.

U can check all the 22 IPs in the first step of this post : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?do=findComment&comment=801375

just a heads up there are 22 IPs to be blocked and not 21,u may have left out an IP and may get deregister sooner or later

Hence just add the missing IP.

U can check all the 22 IPs in the first step of this post : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?do=findComment&comment=801375

Apparently there are 22 IP's blocked - it was just typo. Thanks for pointing that out, though. :P

Glad to know. You finally sorted it out.

Change title > [sOLVED] :)

Could you please tell me how to do that ?

just go to OP where you started then FULL Edit. Done.

Glad to know. You finally sorted it out.

Change title > [sOLVED] :)

Could you please tell me how to do that ?

just go to OP where you started then FULL Edit. Done.

Simple enough ! I've never noticed / used that FULL edit before. But it might be useful in future.

Done. Thanx a lot. :)

Simple enough ! I've never noticed / used that FULL edit before. But it might be useful in future.

Done. Thanx a lot.

you'r welcome. btw, nice background profile.

Archived