TagScanner 5.1.650

jalaffa

TagScanner is a multifunction program to organize large music collections. It can edit tags of several progressive audio formats, rename files based on the tag information, generate tag information from filenames. Also you may get album info via internet music database freedb.org. Supports ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis comments and APEv2 tags. Worksheets technology. Powerful TAG editor with batch functions and special features. Playlist maker with ability to export playlists to HTML or Excel. Built-in player.Very useful interface.

Download

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's personal preference. I prefer using Tag&Rename. It has a simpler-to-use interface and is easier to work with than TagScanner, IMO..

TheEmpathicEar

Is one of them better at tagging or renaming a batch or even an entire collection of music?

This one is better at numbering files and stuff than Tag&Rename but like Journey says its not as simple as Tag&Rename or MP3Tag ... You have to learn it.

Yes. TagScanner would not behave or could not perform certain renaming tasks that Tag&Rename could. Tag&Rename, I think, is much more versatile with ways you can edit out, fill in, add in, etc. in way that works better for me. I had TagScanner installed awhile back but because it could not perform some of the features that Tag&Rename could. Not only that but I was able to work at a faster pace with batch file renaming much more so than the other program. That's been my experience. Hope this helps in your decision.

Well, as steven36 points out, there is a learning curve to each of these programs. Try all three you mentioned to see what works better for you. I ended up uninstalling TagScanner because I got flustered with trying to understand it. Tag&Rename was another story.

TheEmpathicEar

What I "wish" to do is "normalize" my collection. i.e. Top level folder for each artist. This is already done. In each artist folder, one folder for each album with the release year in brackets "in front" of the album name. This is one area where I have varied over time. I might have one multi-disc release in one folder or under one folder with multiple folders for each disc, etc. Once I get the folder structure down the way I want it, then I will try to "normalize" the tags in my entire collection.

Tag&Rename was the very 1st I ever used . Before it use to have this check using it on amazon to much they would make you wait so long to use it again . unless you put your amazon costumer key in it . They all have there limitations I think .

Archived