Is there a software that can backup...

Archaven

What i meant was... I find it troublesome that for example if i were to have to format my windows, i may need to reinstall all my installed games again after formatting. It's very time consuming and troublesome if i have to go back and reinstall the games (nowadays games takes quite some time to install depending on the game). Furthermore, you may need to reapply the game patches and various mods to play the game again.

Is there any software that let me backup the windows installed programs and later restore it back? For example, i have my Windows OS on C: drive and all my games on D: drive. All the games installation files were stored in D: drive and are not deleted/formatted. Only the OS will be reinstalled.

If there's a program that lets me restore back my installed games,i could directly play my games again without actually the need to reinstall it again.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Views 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For already installed programs I'm not sure how to recreate the windows registry values on a new setup. But for a future reference. I would suggest using Total Uninstall.

The author suggest this approach to be able to restore registry values on a new windows install for program previously being installed on a different drive.

1. You need to modify the scanning profile so the registry detected changes are compatible with other systems.

In the include registry key for scanning:

Remove:

HKEY_USERS

Add:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER,

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20

This is necessary because each user has an unique generated SID under HKEY_USERS and this will not match other system even reinstalled on the same hardware.

2. Monitor the program installation and the first run in the same session as usual.

3. Export "install" registry file.

When you have to fresh system just import the .reg file.

Check out this thread

jalaffa . Thanks .. i've been using TU for quite some time but i couldn't get the latest version of TU. Know anywhere i could get them? Thanks

Edit

Ouch!. How silly i am. The latest version was available in nsane itself *facepalm*. I was scavenging for the latest version all over the place..

Gonna try this out and see if it works. Well if it fails... It'll take a long installation process *sweat*

Archived