nod32 v3.0.672 and nodlogin 9.9c

wintron

using nod32 v3.0.672 and nodlogin 9.9c . works well . just updated licence till 31 august so thats fine for me . thing is that i have excluded the ullises folder and also the shortcut on my folder but it is still being picked up

5/27/2009 11:51:55 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\System Volume Information\_restore{08206AA2-B324-4D5F-84D2-39AC311FF741}\RP42\A0001646.exe Win32/Packed.Autoit.Gen application NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe.

i think this is a restore point but not quite sure . have disable system restore and deleted all restore points , then renabled to see if it picks it up again . is this normal ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then there should be no problem if i let nod delete it ?

and on another note i installed nodlogin in manual mode . should it always be in invisible mode ?

thanks

Sought suggested you to disable system restore and enable it again to delete all files on SIF (i woudn't enable it).

You can also let NOD delete the file, it's useless.

NodLogin should always be in Manual mode. And it only should be executed when your key has expired to get a new one.

White.Socks

i used NORMAL / AUTOMATIC mode with NOD login 9.9c can u tell me why its better to choose manual ?

The guy behind NodLogin had to change his server for serial database due to thousands of people connecting everyday (some even schedule it to run every hour).

He asked the people of NodLogin mailing list to use Manual mode.

But i think v9.9x connects to ESET to verify if current serial is valid, then it would connect to Ulisessoft database if it's invalid.

Anyway, it's not a big problem executing it manually ONLY when your serial is expired (in fact, manual or automatically, it *doesn't* put you a new serial if tray icon is orange, but only when it's red).

White.Socks

does that mean that i cant get a license thats longer valid when nodlogin already got me one ?

or lets say so i cant get new license until old one expires ?

cause i scheduled it @ 24 hours

You can't get a new license until the current expires, so no need to schedule it. That only generates useless traffic.

Just install it on Manual mode and execute it when ESET tray icon turns red.

If you see NodLogin ballon tips, it always say "Your serial is valid" even when ESET icon is orange.

Archived