Firewall Recommendations for Vista x64

DNM

• Replies 9
  • Views 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what system, COMODO is the best firewall imo. If you use ESET then SS has a good firewall too.

If i recall correctly so is COMODO more then a firewall..... it's includes AV also and thats nothing im looking for

No no sir there is an application that comes with COMODO that can also be an AV. There is the firewall only, which can be downloaded below. Here's an overview from Softexia:

Comodo Personal Firewall is one of the most powerful and smartest personal firewalls you can ever see. Introduced into the market just in March 2006. Comodo's Personal Firewall quickly gained a reputation as a high quality firewall suitable for both home users and corporate networks. It features both inbound and outbound packet filtering in combination with robust outbound application filtering at the network layer. The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface.

Benefits:

- Constantly monitors and defends your PC from internet attacks

- Free maintenance upgrades

- Gain complete control over which programs are allowed internet access

- Stay protected against new threats via automatic online updates

- Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and identify bandwidth bottlenecks.

- Easy to use interface and quick setup

- No license fee – complete protection at no cost for networks and home users

Homepage - http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Download

When installing, you will be given a choice to:

• Install the AntiVirus as a standalone

Install the Firewall as a standalone

• Install both Firewall and AntiVirus

Do the one in bold ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Kapersky Internet Security

@Shmit:

Kaspersky 2010 requires:

• Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, with:
    - Intel Pentium 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent)
    - 512 MB free RAM

Source: Release Notes

All the same, each to his own.

I'd recommend COMODO as well, in the first few days it'll continually ask you if you want to allow ... to connect, but after those days(when you actually finished setting it up) it'll almost never bother you again(only if you install new apps of course, and all you have to do is click 'Allow').

I like Comodo Firewall as well. I turn everything off but the firewall and find it to be a very effective and fairly easy to use firewall. Also, it has a neat self diagnostic capability that you can run that usually can identify and fix any problems with your installation, if you ever have any. It's working well on my Win 7 x 64 system also. Very nice for a free program.

Archived