Burning Problem

Rudeboy2025

Alright so I don't download a lot but I needed to fix my computer. So I downloaded a Windows XP torrent which includes 9 of the editions. Now that I've finished downloading and just to see everything I extracted all the files.

The final folder is 4gbs. Now what parts of the download do I burn? I double clicked on the Auto Run icon and got options to install Home and Professional editions. So how can I burn the cd so I get the options on the other computer or basically make it work?

• Replies 9
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I open the final folder, there are bin files. I don't know about cue files but there are subfolders.

Do you want me to post screenshots?\

I don't know if this is right but I searched around found a program to make cue files and made cue files for all the bin files in the main folder. Is that right?

Any suggestions? Any at all?

Sorry for double posting but I want to get this done before the week.

just create a new .txt file, rename to .cue, open it with notepad, edit it as shown below...

FILE "BIN_FILE.bin" BINARY
 TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

...then just change the filename at the top and copy it for the the rest of the BIN files (changing the names, obviously) :rolleyes:

btw, if the files are 700MB each then they're just CD images, a DVD image would be one 3-4GB file (and would most likely be an ISO any ways) :huh:

ScreenHunter_001.gif

Here's the screenshot of the final folder. The files starting with XP are the bin files. What do I rename the file in the .cue?

Well nothing. You've extracted the .BIN file, which you didn't need to do.

The .CUE file was to be used in conjunction with the .BIN file (in the same folder). What you may as well do now that you have extracted the files, is burn the disk as a normal data disk. I'd rename it as"WXPFPP_EN" just in case it's needed when you try to install.

Just curious... why did you pick the 9-in-one?

The .CUE file was to be used in conjunction with the .BIN file (in the same folder). What you may as well do now that you have extracted the files, is burn the disk as a normal data disk. I'd rename it as"WXPFPP_EN" just in case it's needed when you try to install.

How can I burn it onto a normal data disk? The last extracted folder is 4 gigs unless you mean the original folder which was 643 mb without all the extractions.

I just searched for Windows XP and found the 9 in 1 pack with the most seeders.

Guest little piggy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I burn it onto a normal data disk? The last extracted folder is 4 gigs unless you mean the original folder which was 643 mb without all the extractions.

I just searched for Windows XP and found the 9 in 1 pack with the most seeders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do have a dvd burner right?

Check out the homepage. Get a burner software like NERO. (windows xp does not have dvd burning software, usually ms mistake)

I would use DVD +R. I use -R for movies that can be used on a DVD player connected to a tv.

Make sure your harddrive is ntsf and not fat 32 that you are extracting too. Your C drive should be that already if orginally windows xp.

Burn the whole bin/cue. Afterwards put the disk back into the dvd player you burned from. (if you have auto cd/dvd opinion on it should start up to a menu for the 9 different windows OS's. If not run it yourself. (btw you could use nero or alcohol 120% to virutal mount it so you can check it out before burning. It would also allow you to virus scan the mounted image then) (You also could gotten this 9 in 1 os's in newsgroups very quickly unlike p2p. It took a few days didnt it?) (When you get your system running okay later, you might want to check nsane's link to newsgroups.)

If you are wanting to breakup the 9 in 1 to just get a certain windows os thats might be tricky to do.

On virutal mounting on another harddrive besides C. I am not sure you could install a windows OS that way. But it would allow you to examine the folders safely.

And for future reference... If you have a bin but no cue.... You can mount the Bin on Daemon Tools and do a 1:1 copy. Thus, no cue needed. Another way is to use a program (UltraISO) that can read bin files and extract the data. Then burn the data on a nornal data disk.

But right now... The screenshot shows the actual data of the disk.. No bin. So burn it normally. However, u probably are going to want to have as a boot disk. Meaning, when u reset ur computer it loads the CD rather than the harddrive. For that, u need a boot image. Your download *should* have came with that (normally part of the iso, bin, cue, etc etc). Your extracted version doesnt have it. So if you still have the bin, burn that instead....... Else, go find a boot image.

Archived