avast! 9.0.2021

jalaffa

@sternog is right. I had the same prolems with false postvies in TAudioConverter its clean open source freeware the renametool.exe .. Also in AIMP3 it didnt like the basscd.dll.. I been useing AVAST for over 5 years so not knocking it but it does have more fasle postives than it use too.

I hate to say it but youre also blaming Avast for something that isnt their problem

I just tried installing TAudioConverter, which you call "clean opensource freeware"

When i just went to install it it had 3 (at least) bundled apps, including one to hijack your browser, embedded in it

And so, yes Avast popped up a warning, after i had manually declined all the bundleware, to let me know that despite me manually declining the bundleware, the installer was still going to try and copy it to my HDD.

So again, where is that Avasts fault? Its whoever packaged TAudioconvertor you should be complaining about...

For the record, and because i think it might explain all these 'false positive" claims.....allow me to explain whats going on....quite a lot of software which has bundleware embedded in it will attempt to, even when you de-select or decline it, copy the bundleware payload to your HDD. If you call a popup from Avast on this scenario a "false positive" then im sorry, but it isnt. This is Avast doing what its supposed to do, protect your PC

If you get an AV program that doesnt put up a warning in the above scenario, like i said earlier, please let me know, so i know not to install it

You never used I can tell its only packed in a 7z installer it dont have toolbars I didnt even get a fasle postive from it tell it went to rename songs .

I dont use the Installer version I use this version

http://sourceforge.net/projects/taudioconverter/files/0.9.5/TAC%280.9.5%29portable_64bit.exe/download

Its only a 7zip installer

If you need help on witch version to use you should asked me.. instead installing stuff you never used . Thats not AVAST fault for sure thats yours :)

What I had trouble with was when useing the CD Ripper to convert to AAC I got false postives with renametool.exe when it went rename the files it said it was

Win32:Evo-gen [susp]

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/69419978c2a5bd62427b9e8ce70c80e0f8a5e9d2a2fd6aecdeba76778f5063de/analysis/

VT says its clean

This was on the last build of tac this happen renametool.exe file version 1.0.0.13 now explain this ?

Edited by steven36

• Replies 32
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stylemessiah

• steven36

• clubhouse

• sternog

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people sounds like avast's employee to me :P

:P

But all others are complaining about something totally irrelevant, very minor (just because of a few false positive, seriously ?!), or that does not have any relation about Avast anti virus itself.

Edited by Nastrahl

Anyone making this claim is just plain stupid.

Getting bored with the circular conversations where peopel blame their own stupidity on others, and others programs

Try again, you can be as pedantic as you wish. I stand by my post

You used "excepting" instead of "accepting," which turned your statement in favor of acceptance of opposing views into an accurate summation of what stylemessiah was doing in regards to sternog's posts. You know, definition #2 - to object. I merely drew attention to how your incorrect word usage negated the entirety of your post. So if you're saying that I am "just plain stupid" for pointing out your mistake(s), then you're just shifting blame. Perhaps you should desist calling anyone stupid until you're capable of using words properly and fixing your typographical errors.

:P

But all others are complaining about something totally irrelevant, very minor (just because of a few false positive, seriously ?!), or that have not any relation about Avast anti virus itself.

Keep in mind I been using it for 5 years and all these false positives I'm talking about just started happening in the last few months .stylemessiah said they could explain away any problem that people are having with AVAST . Witch anyone that says any anti virus don't have false positives is nuts . I've used other AV before I used AVAST I got some from them too . If AVAST didn't have them it wouldn't be 1000s of pages at there forum of people reporting them.

Here is a whole page of people reporting that one false positive . I talked about

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120219.0

Edited by steven36

Anyone making this claim is just plain stupid.

Getting bored with the circular conversations where peopel blame their own stupidity on others, and others programs

Try again, you can be as pedantic as you wish. I stand by my post

You used "excepting" instead of "accepting," which turned your statement in favor of acceptance of opposing views into an accurate summation of what stylemessiah was doing in regards to sternog's posts. You know, definition #2 - to object. I merely drew attention to how your incorrect word usage negated the entirety of your post. So if you're saying that I am "just plain stupid" for pointing out your mistake(s), then you're just shifting blame. Perhaps you should desist calling anyone stupid until you're capable of using words properly and fixing your typographical errors.

Ahh! I see what you were pointing out now, I was indeed wrong using except rather than accept, thank you....However, I didn't call you or anyone else 'stupid'...Given your observational skills I assumed you would realise that I was quoting stylemessiah :) So I wasn't in fact shifting blame.

Please note the file i downloaded didnt come from some random person named "jalaffa", but from the actual dbpoweramp website do something worthwhile, wasting my time here...

I defuse being called "some random person" here :)

Please note the file i downloaded didnt come from some random person named "jalaffa", but from the actual dbpoweramp website do something worthwhile, wasting my time here...

I defuse being called "some random person" here :)

Keep up the good works you do ..Ive used many retail installers you shared with us i never had any issues .. What I find Ironic AVAST is giving false positives not only dbpoweramp but others as well TAudioConverter Ive used since it 1st came out lol . AIMP3 Ive used along time as well the dll it ate had to do with playing CDs lol. It keeps messing with some of my favorite apps .I hope all these false positives they get better soon .Or I may have to switch myself .

Edited by steven36