Daum PotPlayer 1.6.48576

jalaffa

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Thanks to sternog for the update.

Download

• Replies 5
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven36

• jalaffa

• lookmann

• hakah

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest 1.6 versions have a peculiar problem. Videos appear transparent, ie desktop images seen in the background. Mine is a PC with intel C2D 2.53 processor & 2 GB RAM.

I 've switched over to 1.5. 44465 and it is working fine. Just informing.

There are so many releases issued for this tool and why particularly choose 1.5.44465? Is it more stable and better than other releases? If so, please provide the download link for it if feasible to forum members to download if they are really interested.

The latest 1.6 versions have a peculiar problem. Videos appear transparent, ie desktop images seen in the background. Mine is a PC with intel C2D 2.53 processor & 2 GB RAM.

That has to be on your end dude I'm a beta tester of this software I been using v1.6 versions since back in March ..When they do betas of this software the testers tell the developers of any bugs they find and every time they fix them . Its an very over developed software. If this was happening to a lot of users someone would had complained by now and they would fixed it. Because 1.6 has been in development since March. @hakah videohelp website has any old version installer you want.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer/old-versions#download

Edited by steven36

Actually I had the very same thing, and it took me a little bit till I realized what was causing it.

In the upper right corner of the Daum Player screen, where you have the buttons for minimizing and maximizing the window, at some point (fairly recently I believe) they added a little slider next to the minimizing button that controls transparency. On a number of occasions I was attempting to minimize the window, but accidentally clicked on the transparency slider right next to it, as I didn't realize they had added that control in that spot. I didn't know what was going on, but suddenly I'm seeing my desktop, along with my movie, and it was driving me nuts!

So, if you just move that transparency slider back to the right, it will end the transparency you're getting, along with your view of your desktop underneath. Hope that helps you out!

That has to be on your end dude I'm a beta tester of this software I been using v1.6 versions since back in March ..When they do betas of this software the testers tell the developers of any bugs they find and every time they fix them . Its an very over developed software. If this was happening to a lot of users someone would had complained by now and they would fixed it. Because 1.6 has been in development since March. @hakah videohelp website has any old version installer you want.

As for you steven36, my beta tester friend, I am in shock that you say no one else encountered this. On a million different Windows screens you find that "minimize" button to be the last one to the left on the upper right corner of your screen. That a different function was added to that very same spot makes it really easy for people to be accidentally clicking on it. Personally I don't think putting it there was the best design choice. Nonetheless, once you are aware of the confusion it is easy enough to remedy, but I wouldn't hesitate to say I think it would be smarter to place it elsewhere on the screen.

Actually I had the very same thing, and it took me a little bit till I realized what was causing it.

In the upper right corner of the Daum Player screen, where you have the buttons for minimizing and maximizing the window, at some point (fairly recently I believe) they added a little slider next to the minimizing button that controls transparency. On a number of occasions I was attempting to minimize the window, but accidentally clicked on the transparency slider right next to it, as I didn't realize they had added that control in that spot. I didn't know what was going on, but suddenly I'm seeing my desktop, along with my movie, and it was driving me nuts!

So, if you just move that transparency slider back to the right, it will end the transparency you're getting, along with your view of your desktop underneath. Hope that helps you out!

As for you steven36, my beta tester friend, I am in shock that you say no one else encountered this. On a million different Windows screens you find that "minimize" button to be the last one to the left on the upper right corner of your screen. That a different function was added to that very same spot makes it really easy for people to be accidentally clicking on it. Personally I don't think putting it there was the best design choice. Nonetheless, once you are aware of the confusion it is easy enough to remedy, but I wouldn't hesitate to say I think it would be smarter to place it elsewhere on the screen.

No one is not going to talk about this mistake in beta testing because its not really a bug . I'm sure others have missed up theirs I never have .. Even though I beta tested there software since like 2011 just a few builds ago did they make and official Muilti language version . So now I go read about the bugs . Some stable builds will have bugs even that get fixed in the betas plus you get all the new features much faster . But here lately they done 3 stables pretty fast. At lest you told them what was wrong . This software dont have much English support . There site is in Koren even though the developers will answerer us now in English since they have it official. most of what is said is in Koren .