"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I'm wondering is there another IP that only calls out sometimes . aoham said it worked for him for 14 days after his license expired . It has to be a reason I could block the ips thorough my whole computer using a different block method . But seems v8 loads up slower than v7 did so windows FW should be loaded by then.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I do a little bit extreme... so I only allow some ip for update... the rest is blocked...

but my trial is ended on december... so it took a while to find out the result

I think someone is banned, what's happened anyone knows ?

can anybody tell me why Torres is banned?

i mean its a bit off topic..but still

regards

Torres will be back - he is not, here . . . . . . . yet.

J78OvCa.png

P.S. why are you using beta version? :think:

That is an illustration from a very old post.

Well I do a little bit extreme... so I only allow some ip for update... the rest is blocked...

but my trial is ended on december... so it took a while to find out the result

From what i seen so far logging my internet ESET has not called no other ips other than v8 update server by blocking the 2 listed already . Unless there's some major breakthrough the fun don't began tell my trial ends at the end of this month .

Seems to me ESST Can still check your key even when not activated .

I can put in and expired key even with activation blocked and it will spit the key out

But if I put in a valid key it still accepts the key and lets me update even though its not activated. Its like It still knows if the key is good or not.

Blocking Process Lasso Pro from updating itself

et0v4vN.png

G98ELlU.png

Blocking Process Lasso Pro completely

ztTFWke.png

So no IP(s) to block? We just need to block the .exe.

But why is the allow rule there?

There is one IP, being blocked, 104.130.128.109 - check again, there are 2 approaches (I suggest using the second one - a complete blanket block approach.)

When blocking IPs on a selective basis, some firewalls can accomplish the same with a single rule - not so the case with other firewalls such as WFC (the second approach calls for a single rule, though - any brand of firewall.)

As in IDM we required allow rule because IDM needs to access the internet besides the blocked IPs so that a download can be completed with it. But why do we need allow rule for PL as I think, it has nothing to do with the internet except for receiving updates and calling home?

First I will try with just blocking the single IP that you have provided for PL. If that fails, I'll block whole PL exe.

Here are screenshots of what I'm talking about it accepted my key even with ips blocked

0lZ5EiO.png

But you go here and see it didnt even conect to activation server

T7LJO00.png

Here are screenshots of what I'm talking about it accepted my key even with ips blocked

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

This may be some kind of loop hole in ESET by virtue of which it accepts offline activation when it can not go through the firewall to access a specific IP. So, this results in allowance in offline activation even if it's not being able to connect the activation server.

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

This may be some kind of loop hole in ESET by virtue of which it accepts offline activation when it can not go through the firewall to access a specific IP. So, this results in allowance in offline activation even if it's not being able to connect the activation server.

@ rudrax

I know exactly why it is happening and would have loved to share the same, here - just waiting for Torres' permission (my illustrations for the same are ready, too.)

FWIW, have not yet been able to contact him over TeamViewer - the credit of fixing ESET belongs to him and to him only.

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

Oh it conects to the internet but its validating your key though v8 update servers I was loging it the whole time no other ips called out.

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

Oh it conects to the internet but its validating your key though v8 update servers I was loging it the whole time no other ips called out.
ESET must connect to the internet to receive definition updates and protect you online. What the firewall things implements it to block some specific IPs that are related to activation business.

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

ESET must connect to the internet to receive definition updates and protect you online. What the firewall things implements it to block some specific IPs that are related to activation business.

theres not one validation there's 2 there the validation on the validation server and theres validation it has to pass on the v8 update server.

Here Is more testing I done I activated and expired key by rolling back and suspending updates with those ips blocked .

pPlWKDG.png

As you can see here its activated.

0ZQ3HuC.png

But the bad news was As soon as I allowed updates it killed my key.

w5oqcEJ.png

So you cant tell me they don't check thorough updates your key .

@ rudrax

I know exactly why it is happening and would have loved to share the same, here - just waiting for Torres' permission (my illustrations for the same are ready, too.)

FWIW, have not yet been able to contact him over TeamViewer - the credit of fixing ESET belongs to him and to him only.

Torres is banned..donno the reason

@ rudrax

Yep, not been able to get him on TeamViewer - have made a couple of implementations that might possibly work on KIS, too (just like they work on ESET, for me.)

@ rudrax

Yep, not been able to get him on TeamViewer - have made a couple of implementations that might possibly work on KIS, too (just like they work on ESET, for me.)
Actually me and Torres were doing some testing of KIS but that worked on his PC

Eventually failed in mine

Wud u mind sharing that method

Lemme test it for u

Torres is a gud friend of mine..I think he won't mind...so chill

If u can share...pls do..PM me

0lZ5EiO.png

T7LJO00.png

theres not one validation there's 2 there the validation on the validation server and theres validation it has to pass on the v8 update server.
I don't understand why u focus on this method

while we can generate free 30days username and passwords

It's like a lifetime activation...just one fakemail every once in a month

Atleast we can do that for getting free stuff

Also...ESET doesn't show..any nagging screen of Trial version installed .unlike Kaspersky on every startup

Rest is upon u

Regards

If u can share...pls do..PM me

Just got him on TeamViewer - shall publish the illustrations, here (once I receive his OK.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived