add-on bar issue

bruinator

When I click on firefox to open the browser window it does not open as maximized. It only shows half of the addon bar until I click on the maximized square in the top right hand part of the window. How do I get it to open maximized when I first open it, plz.

thx

PS... I tried right-click on Firefox and click on Properties... then on the Run like... click on the button with the down-arrow... click on Maximized.... click OK. Not on Win8 but that should be the same routine. That helped somewhat but not totally.

Someone on a firefox forum says it is not a FF problem but a windows problem. Any ideas what causes it?

thx

Edited by bruinator

• Replies 6
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruinator

• VileTouch

• Osi

• dcs18

Could you share a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I don't quite understand about "it only shows half of the addon bar".

If you mean firefox's window (but why the would would you talk about addon bar then ?), then, you should start by trying firefox in safe mode,

for this you simply have to shift-clic on the firefox shortcut, then select safe-mode and see if it helps, if it opens ok this way, then it's something related to your firefox profile/config.

Else, you'll need to search on windows side.

If you mean firefox's window (but why the would would you talk about addon bar then ?), then, you should start by trying firefox in safe mode,

for this you simply have to shift-clic on the firefox shortcut, then select safe-mode and see if it helps, if it opens ok this way, then it's something related to your firefox profile/config.

here u go wYDorGo.jpg

here u go wYDorGo.jpg

Add-on bar is where it is located. Why else? lol

you don't specify, but if you're using firefox 29+ there IS NO addon bar any more, so....that might be something...else? either way i'd advise to update to the latest version (30) and move all that clutter to the popup menu if you feel you can't live without it

edit: or switch to pale moon

Edited by VileTouch

By Add-on Bar, are you referring to the following or to something else - please highlight the reference in your screenshot and post with more details (could not grasp the issue.)

tK2Cj7M.png