BIOS Update Help Please

NaJeEb303

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
el_espaniol

not the bios is problem. You have one hidden partition, cca 100mb with MBR inside, after you quit windows 7. Search for HIRENS BOOT CD- partition tools(paragon)-delete all partitions and try again.

huhh..,, i have only one hdd and its set to the primary order..

isnt its possible i that if no update for my BIOS is availble and i can reinstall the current BIOS freshly..??

You can I think re-flash the same version of bios, but I still don't see this as a bios issue if it was working fine before, as it's technically getting past POST, and just can't find a boot device. You could as suggested, pull the internal battery out & any other mains power and clear the cmos down.

i m pretty sure its the problem with the BIOS cuz i've searched online and found some users having this problem, btw, first i was unable to boot to OS,,i did a clean install today, clean install i mean, i completely deleted/partitioned/formatted my full HDD and installed a new OS, Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Black Edition May 24 2014 release..

How are you deleting / creating the partition ?

The way I see it however is that it's already installed the OS on the primary HD, so you BIOS is clearly seeing it already, so no reason to believe the bios is the issue.

I do think that it's not finding the boot loader as it's not looking in the right place, could it be that you have a hidden recovery partition (as factory shipped items come with), and the boot loader was written to that, and in the process of deleting partition(s) and such, for one reason or another it's either looking in the wrong place, or simply not being installed.

If you have another pc / laptop to hand, you could grab hirens bootcd, make a bootable usb and then you can get a proper look at the HD using the plethora of tools on it, as you can boot into a live version of XP / 7, then you can use one of the partition programs, to check to see what your partition structure is like, and take it from there.

Edit : ^^ Gogu's version is shorter...

Thanx for suggessions guys,, currently i m downloading UBCD.., UBCD or Hirens..??

Sorry for being a no0b..

No noOb question mate....:

-> UBCD ...is freeware bunch a lot of utilities on it...!

-> Hirens used to be great with a lot of " appz ", ...anyway is fine too....

....Clear CMOS and go for test the hardware....

Before go to the OS install try in the BIOS setup to enable " Legacy IDE " ...AHCI or ENHACED is faster but some times vendor´s implementation in the BIOS is buggy...

Best luck mate...!

• 3 months later...
Blackchildcx

Cause My CD drive isnot bootable no more I need aB BIOS update.....

please help me...I got clue and english is not my mother tongue....

which one to choose ?

This is my BIOS..http://valid.x86.fr/f7w8m5

Archived