Spotify-Using without any country restriction!

captcha

I am aware this is old news but still it may be helpful for some members.

What is Spotify?

Spotify is a commercial music streaming service providing digital rights management-restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal. Music can be browsed or searched by artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label.
-Has both web interface as well its own dedicated software.
-Has two packs Free(with ads and without offline mode function) and paid with all the features.
Download:

Now Spotify despite having advantages has it own problems like country restriction.Meaning most of the countries cant use it.Here's a way to bypass it.

Bypassing the Restriction

Open spotify website if it says "not available in your country you need to bypass it"

Tools Needed-

Any VPN Software with UK/US support.

HOLA browser extension-https://hola.org/

Steps-

​1-Install your VPN Software and set the IP to UK (preferred)

2-Open spotify software and register.

3-Download the spotify software,install and log in with username/password registered earlier.

4-Open it(make sure the VPN is still on).This step is needed for first time only.

5-Close Spotify and you can now exit VPN too.

From now on you can open spotify software without and VPN use.

Extra's-

I have noticed that rarely spotify software gives an country not supported error.This can be again corrected by opening vpn with earlier used IP (in our case UK) before opening spotify.This again only needs to be done once.

HOLA extension can be used to open spotify always with desired IP(country) so need need to switch on vpn or use proxy.This is really important if you use the website version occasionally.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• captcha

• Alanon

• satstorm

• smallhagrid

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Firefox extension called ProxMate which enables a US proxy only on such sites where a blockage exists, leaving you free to browse the rest of the web using your actual speed.

There's a Firefox extension called ProxMate which enables a US proxy only on such sites where a blockage exists, leaving you free to browse the rest of the web using your actual speed.

The point is actually same using proxy doesn't matter what you use. :)

Just mentioned the ones I use

smallhagrid

There's no lack of sources for good streaming music.

To me it is most important to be able to get MP3s of good music just because I may want to re-listen to it at home or in the car.

This info seems most useful for anyone who wants to just listen and not actually download from their streaming music.