NOD32 2.51.8 or Bitdefender Professional Plus 9?

NikoTheRuso

hey peeps, i was wonderin what is better, nod32 or bitdefender pro plus 9? i kno nod 32 is liked by many users, and its what im usin now, but bitdefender looks cool too. and if ur gonna just reply like "nod 32 is the best" and u havent tried bitdefender pliz save urself the trouble, cuz i kno its awesome already. basically is there anyone here that has tried both? pliz tell me what u think is better. thanks in advance,

peace :o

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOD32 has better detection rate, is lighter, faster and very configurably... NOD32 is better than bitdefender. www.av-comparatives.org

• 2 weeks later...
NOD32 has better detection rate, is lighter, faster and very configurably... NOD32 is better than bitdefender.  www.av-comparatives.org

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, and IMO NOD is more of a virus/trojan protector. While, on the other hand BitDefender also has a firewall built in, so it might mean that BitDefender isn't all concentrated in one area, but more likely 2 which is a virus/trojan protector and a hacker free zone which is the firewall. In my opinion, I'd prefer software that concentrates in one area.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, and IMO NOD is more of a virus/trojan protector.  While, on the other hand BitDefender also has a firewall built in, so it might mean that BitDefender isn't all concentrated in one area, but more likely 2 which is a virus/trojan protector and a hacker free zone which is the firewall.  In my opinion, I'd prefer software that concentrates in one area.

me too, often programs that offer more than one type of security is not that good, either they will eat up your RAM like crazy ( even more so than two seperate progs), and because it dosent specialize, it would suck for detection. not to metion that there would not be as many features.

I know, I have used F-Secures security suite. It had antivirus, Firewall, and spyware protection. sounds great eh? not as soon as I got rid of that shit, my computer ran 2X as fast and when I installed spy sweeper, Nod 32, and Sygate, NOD 32 picked up close to 20 trojans instantly, and spy sweeper picked up 2 browser hijacks, among 20 or so other spyware progs.

not to mention that they are not too user friendly.

I agree, and IMO NOD is more of a virus/trojan protector.  While, on the other hand BitDefender also has a firewall built in, so it might mean that BitDefender isn't all concentrated in one area, but more likely 2 which is a virus/trojan protector and a hacker free zone which is the firewall.  In my opinion, I'd prefer software that concentrates in one area.

me too, often programs that offer more than one type of security is not that good, either they will eat up your RAM like crazy ( even more so than two seperate progs), and because it dosent specialize, it would suck for detection. not to metion that there would not be as many features.

I know, I have used F-Secures security suite. It had antivirus, Firewall, and spyware protection. sounds great eh? not as soon as I got rid of that shit, my computer ran 2X as fast and when I installed spy sweeper, Nod 32, and Sygate, NOD 32 picked up close to 20 trojans instantly, and spy sweeper picked up 2 browser hijacks, among 20 or so other spyware progs.

not to mention that they are not too user friendly.

i think a lot of nod 32 hits are false ones. i fired sysgate firewall and switch to outpost b/c of it calling home all the time on port 443 to time warner telecom. (if you have pg2 with all 5 files you will see it if you have http block) dont forgot to have microsoft antispy and search/destroy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!:

I have used NOD32 antivirus system and BitDefender 9 Internet Security.

Actually, i'm using BitDefender, why?

Continue reading and you will know:

- It's a suite. I have all the protection I want/need. The firewall in the Internet Security (is different from Professional Plus'). It is a FIREWALL which has passed all the Scans in http://scan.sygatetech.com

- It does not need as ram as people think.

- For me, its antispam is the best. BitDefender is very easy to use and very effective.

- It updates 24 times per day.

- The parental control is very useful for those who have children or don't want them to use the internet some hours.

NOD32 has the best heuristics (better than BitDefender), but it has also some false positives.

Try BitDefender 9 Internet Security and then, decide. (Remember that Professional Plus' firewall only control the applications. It does not stealth your ports)

Sorry if you don't understand my English. I'm from Spain!!

best regards,

Álvaro.

SacredCultivator

Hmm I have in the past been using BitDefender Professional Plus 9... And then I discovered this in the uTorrent Forums: Forumhttp://utorrent.com/faq.php#My.C2.B5Torrent_keeps_freezing_on_certain_trackers

And seems that BitDefnder has a conflict with it... So I might have to switch back to NOD32... But I never knew about BitDefender 9 INternet Security. Is the only difference just the stealthing of Ports?

Hmm I have in the past been using BitDefender Professional Plus 9... And then I discovered this in the uTorrent Forums: Forumhttp://utorrent.com/faq.php#My.C2.B5Torrent_keeps_freezing_on_certain_trackers

And seems that BitDefnder has a conflict with it... So I might have to switch back to NOD32... But I never knew about BitDefender 9 INternet Security. Is the only difference just the stealthing of Ports?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BitDefender has more features:

- Control Parental

- Antispyware

SacredCultivator

Hehe yeah I know.. But I made the switch and see no more conflicts woo.

But if I wasn't a Torrent Person I would pick BitDefender.

• Administrator

Why is it "superior".

In terms of features/ useability and the power (not detection) of the heristics engine is much below bifender. As is support and update frequency.

well i tried bitdefener 9 professional plus and it for sum reason slowed my internet like mad, and when i uninstalled it it messed up my pc pretty bad and i had to format my pc... so following a good AV choosing rule; try different ones to see which works best on ur pc, im sticking with NOD32 for awhile. been workin perfect for me (no viruses for like 4 months) im not planning to switch to anything else.

if you visit trustworthy sites and don't run unknown crap from kazaa, email, etc. then viruses aren't really a problem...it's worms ya gatta worry about. sasser for example, used a vuln in windows and would infect you from simply being on the net...unless you had port 445 firewalled that is :D

hell, i still get pings from the 'i dont need an AV' idiots infected with sasser. most like win98 users, as sasser didn't cause it to reboot every 30secs and they prolly don't even realize they have it :D

holy crap that sounds bad nsane, how do i protect myself??? ironically im usin outpost again rofl xD

most AVs and firewalls protect against basic worm intrusions. i was just saying, no AV is perfect and your ganna be open to EVERY virus/worm/trojan/whatever at some point or another...no matter which AV you use :D

just pick what you like and stick with it, tho, i will argue over-bloated AVs suck. like norton, you can't even disable the windows firewall without it bitching at you every 10 seconds...

SacredCultivator

Heh damn those Worms ><.

But yeah Virus's used to be the big thing of the Web but lately they aren't as harmful/ easy to get as Worms/Trojans.

And I have gone a good time without a AntiVirus in the past with absolutely no problems :D

So yups.

Archived