Outpost, ZoneAlarm, and Sygate.

Undefeated

I can't decide on which firewall to choose. I want a firewall that's easy to configure and at the same time can block out almost anything. I would go with Outpost but I heard the new version has some issues with p2p applications. And well.....Sygate has been taken over by Symantec. Zone Alarm is good but it's kind of buggy and has some issues. I would like to know which firewall you guys like and why. It's kinda of hard to decide becuase all of these are very good firewalls. I would really appreciate your guys feedback. :o

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sygate personally. No problems with any apps I've used, unlike ZA. Also ZA had a conflicting bug in some of my games back in the day which made me move towards an alternative which I still use to this day.

Low memory footprint, extremely good at blocking attacks and easy to configure.

Sygate gets my vote here too, although BlackICE is at about the same with Sygate.

ZoneAlarm is useless, it was good but now in these days, we want real Firewalls not basic little 30second programmed ones :o

• Administrator
BlackICE is at about the same with Sygate.

BlackICE isn't a "true" firewall more of an IDS system.

ZoneAlarm is useless, it was good but now in these days, we want real Firewalls not basic little 30second programmed ones :o

ZA is one of the most comprehensive firewalls currently available. In terms of features and developement time its amoung the highest.

Well, I'm up for Sygate or Outpost, but now, if you wish so you can download Lavasoft's version of Agnitum Outpost with a few new things... ermm.. a logo, backgrounds, system tray logos and icons etc :D

Ive tried ZA, Sygate and Outpost.. Had no conflicts with p2p programs once I configured it..... Look n' Stop still messes up my programs but I should fix that up once I finish tweaking the settings.

Sygate was my favorite, Outpost replaced it. Love its plugins especially blockpost. Just like sygate+protowall combo.

um dudes, which outpost are u talkin about? i have been lead to believe theres the agnitum outpost and theres a lava soft one? im usin the one i got off of this site, but which one u guys think is better? thanks n advance

peace out

Actually it's the (almost) same products under different coat. I heard that Lavasoft version is missing some plugins (don't know for sure which one coz i'd never tried)

If you downloaded from this site I believe you got the Agnitum Outpost Pro version.

Which one is better?...Hard to tell since which plugins you can miss.

Thanks guys for all of your opinions. I've decided to pick Outpost as my firewall because I thought it worked very well with my computer and didn't cause many problems.

um dudes, which outpost are u talkin about? i have been lead to believe theres the agnitum outpost and theres a lava soft one? im usin the one i got off of this site, but which one u guys think is better? thanks n advance

peace out

I was talking about Agnitium. It rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

i been using look n stop v2.05p2 & it rockz!

it's very lite & i can set my "own rules".....

never give me any problems...

& it wouldn't give too much prompt....

this should have been a poll...

My company HP uses Sygate corporate version...

I have used ZoneAlarm.Outpost...Sygate..

I found all of them good ...

But I would go with Sygate...

Archived