• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sternog

• jalaffa

• nanana1

• Dodel

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wishing to hijack this thread, however I feel obliged to link to this :- http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/220367-using-truecrypt-is-not-secure/

Truecrypt has stopped being developed as of 27th May 2014.

I'm not saying don't use it, just highlighting potential issues.

Also apparently Version 7.2 is a hoax, which potentially has a dropper embedded, and 7.1a is the last official version.

What’s more, the last version of TrueCrypt uploaded to the site on May 27 shows that the key used to sign the executable installer file is the same one that was used to sign the program back in January 2014 , Taken together, these two facts suggest that the message is legitimate, and that TrueCrypt is officially being retired.

Regards

Dodel.

Edited by Dodel

Thanks for the update! A bit hesitant updating the listing due to the way this update is presented. TrueCrypt setup 7.1a hosted at nsane now.

Version 7.2 is no hoax, it merely add a pop-up screen offering the migration and use of BitLocker.

oMrnaLm.jpg

It's paradoxical to use TC version 7.2 security software with a warning that it is not secure. :s

Seems like this is the end of TrueCrypt and I am staying with the continued use of version 7.1a at the moment.

R.I.P. TrueCrypt ! :pope:

Edited by nanana1

http://truecrypt.ch/

Thanks to servil - this site is still alive and hosts 7.1a

• 2 weeks later...
SnakeMasteR

TL:DR TrueCrypt's encryption is undefeated, i would recommend previous versions also recommend using it. If you have something to hide and they can decrypt it, you are fucked anyway so why not taking the risk instead of leave it be? There are more "i call bullshit" alarm signals than any proofs of insecurity regarding the main purpose of it - encryption but whatever, it's on the people to believe the devs silently put the project into the bin with such a "we got spoofed" message to say goodbye. Trust is a weakness and trust is a risk when being loyal, that's shitty life and it's on you to decide. I did and TrueCrypt is secure for me, secure enough until i'm proven wrong. Time will tell.