sygate has been discontinued? wtf?

NikoTheRuso

yo im really lookin for a personal firewall to install, and i see that sygate is a favorite amongst you dudes, but i recently went to the sygate web page and saw that it said "as of nov 30 all consumer firewalls will be discontinued"... this didnt sound good to me, so i was wondering if u could reccomend a different firewall to me? like sygates equivalent lol :unsure: . anyway thanks in advance,

peace

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their latest version (and they don't release that many) was added to this site on the 15th October. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Even if it does get stopped (which it is not) I'd still continue to use it. The actual fact is, Symantec have purchased it and will be using it as part of their own package, which they'll no doubt keep up to date if they know what's good for them.

By the way, thanks for the link :unsure:

For those wanting to read the article it is here.

I'd download and install the version on our homepage. There's nothing wrong with it.

Guest Globalist
Hope Symantec doesnt make a Norton-slow-your-system-down-with-more-than-50% package of it :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should realise it's one of the best, if not the best, Firewall. Therefore, taking it's code entirely on.

Microsoft did the same thing with Giant Anti-Spyware...

If Symantec take this onto their stride, we could be seeing the best firewall ever out. For a start, what's wrong with Sygate Firewall now? It's probably the best firewall ever and for a fact, it's better than BlackICE, Norton (atm..) and many more.

All Symantec are gunna now is add their own logos here and there, and manage a few tweaks and development plans that will introduce state of the art Computer protection, I hope :o

Good luck to them..

Archived