Scrambled Youtube Vids in IE 11

Cerberus

I have had this issue for the last week where all flash videos would play scrambled. This happens from time to time from what I have read online but no one really has a fix, until I found it today. I noticed I recently had a M$ update for IE 11 to resolve issues within flash player. I noticed that date and it was the day after I tried to play some videos from youtube and noticed it was all scrambled with green blocks. I uninstalled...

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2957151).

Restarted my machine.

Installed the updated again by itself.

Went into internet options and went to advanced tab. I changed the first checkbox saying use software instead of gpu rendering. (Optional, might not be needed for some systems)

I then tried a youtube video and low and behold all video's I tried worked perfectly.

This problem also effected XBMC flash videos which was what really pissed me off. lol I had to find a fix and sure enough I did. Everything is working great again. I'm a happy camper! :)

Note: Not all systems are effected by this...don't ask me why. Mine was one that it did effect. Seems to be win 7 and win 8.1 that has this issue often with IE 11.

Edited by Cerberus

• Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cerberus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic