Can i install windows 8.1 along with Windows 7?

don2

How much space required to install Windows 8.1?

Do we have different editions in win 8.1 just like in win 7?

If i can install win 8.1 along with win 7,how to switch between win 8.1 and win 7?how to transfer files between win 8.1 and win 7? Can I back up installed programs in win 7 and restore them to win 8.1?

Edited by don2

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• don2

• A.lemane

• dcs18

• Zarko

Top Posters In This Topic

too many questions, I'm not sure did I understand you, but yes you can install them but on separate partitions and you will be prompted on first boot to choose OS to boot

Edited by Zarko

too many questions, I'm not sure did I understand you, but yes you can install them but on separate partitions and you will be prompted on first boot to choose OS to boot

Agreed maybe use your favorite search engine once in a while..

all u people are useless

waiting for people like dcs18 :yes:

Edited by don2

yep u can and microsoft engineers recommend that u install the older OS first and the newest OS last and i recommend that u disable fast startup in windows 8 unless if u can change both partition pbr to bootmgr boot record and place the necessary file in every partition and after that install Bootlt bare metal to boot from any partition

(i have UEFI BIOS so cant do this Yet )

probably not but in some cases yes

(there is a trick that u can do with RRX (installing two OS s in one partition without one duplicated file))

Yes, you can install Windows 8.1 onto one partition and Windows 7 onto another partition. However, with the upcoming addition of the classic start menu to Windows 8.1, I don't see any real reason to keep Windows 7 around.

How much space required to install Windows 8.1?

Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 each require 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).

Yes, but there are now fewer Windows editions: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, and Windows 8.1 Enterprise (and Windows 8.1 RT for tablets).

If i can install win 8.1 along with win 7,how to switch between win 8.1 and win 7?

When you boot up your computer, you will be greeted with a boot screen asking you to select which OS you would like to boot into. If you do not select an option within a few seconds, the computer will automatically boot into your default OS (which can be changed).

how to transfer files between win 8.1 and win 7?

Drag and drop files while in one of your operating systems.

Can I back up installed programs in win 7 and restore them to win 8.1?

No. You will have to manually install any programs you want on Windows 8.1. Depending on the program, it might be possible to back up user preferences/data in Windows 7 and restore them on Windows 8.1, but you still have to do a fresh install of the program on Windows 8.1.

Use one at a time if You want to keep that your Windows running normally.
I personally do not even understand, why two into one and the same computer. Looking for a thrill, or what?
Want a mother and daughter at the same time? The old joke.
Finally, you do not get nothing, no daughter, no mother.

Some really nice answers from the fraternity. :)

At this point, I'd not get into a multi or even dual-boot situation - it's far better to procure the original and latest copy of the Windows 8.1 Update, Pro (x32-bit) from a fast server - remember your 10 year-old hardware does not have a UEFI BIOS,

The next step would be to opt for a full and clean install - which you're already aware of, by now. ;)

Edited by dcs18

Check out the following Comparison of Windows 8.1 Editions - my personal fav. is the Pro:--

LMAn5pc.png

Edited by dcs18

software182

or he is too lazy to do that, he can access nsane but do not take a time to search it on google ? lol, that's a big joke !

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

EDIT : added more lmao ! :troll:

Edited by software182

or he is too lazy to do that, he can access nsane but do not take a time to search it on google ? lol, that's a big joke ! :lmao:

i dont mind idiots like you lotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.giflotpot.gif

Edited by don2