Eset smart security is not working properly

ilcorsaro73

ilcorsaro73

Hello to everyone...I have a problem with eset smart security 7 I've installed it on windows 8.1 update 1 mce and activated with "eset purefix 2.3" but when I do a scan of my computer and I found an infection but does not tell me what it is and does not give me the ability to remove someone tell me why?? eset perhaps is still in trial mode?thanks in adavance for help

Edited by ilcorsaro73

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ilcorsaro73

• mazigh

• iih1

• Cyberboom

Top Posters In This Topic

ilcorsaro73

it will remove them automatically and u can find them in the quarantined items ^^ ( usually )

Also I think it was so ... but if I do a new scan of your computer infection is still present and there is nothing in quarantine ... this happens even if I do a scan as an administrator yet eset updates regularly

Hello to everyone...I have a problem with eset smart security 7 I've installed it on windows 8.1 update 1 mce and activated with "eset purefix 2.3" but when I do a scan of my computer and I found an infection but does not tell me what it is and does not give me the ability to remove someone tell me why?? eset perhaps is still in trial mode?thanks in adavance for help

I don't think it doesn't tell you,I think it's not really that serious or a known threat that's why it's not quarantined, you just have to go to ESET main UI > Tools >Log files > Detected threats will be shown :)

Edited by mazigh

Cyberboom

Eset Smart Security by default only does scan technique without cleaning (that not applied for serious viruses , worms ..) so if you want to fix that issue :

open Eset SS window >> go to Advanced setup >> User Interface >> Context menu >> set Menu Type to "Only clean"

Also , make sure "Cleaning level" is set to the middle or Strict cleaning in :

Advanced setup >> Computer >> Antivirus and antispyware >> On-demand computer scan >> ThreatSense engine parameter setup >> click on "Setup" button >> Cleaning >> Cleaning level .

Cheers :)

Edited by Cyberboom

Kindly, to upload your Screenshot..might be we could give a best solution..

check: License Installed

image.png

And Update Database to the Latest by doing:

image.png

Also check your ESET Setting see spoiler:

aa4.png

image.png

aa2.png

aa3.png

I forgot also check, clean option

image.png

clean option Thx to Cyberboom

image.png

And Scan again select Smart Scan or Custom not FULL (Take LONG TIME) see what the result...good luck buddy.

Edited by iih1

Eset Smart Security by default only do scan technique without cleaning (that not applied for serious viruses , worms ..) so if you want to fix that issue :

open Eset SS window >> go to Advanced setup >> User Interface >> Context menu >> set Menu Type to "Only clean"

Also , make sure "Cleaning level" is set to the middle or Strict cleaning in :

Advanced setup >> Computer >> Antivirus and antispyware >> On-demand computer scan >> ThreatSense engine parameter setup >> click on "Setup" button >> Cleaning >> Cleaning level .

Cheers :)

Yes You're right Sir..I forgot I've add to image descripton..Thanks..a lot cheers......please recheck to make him got properly setting!

just add if i have mistake.

Edited by iih1

activated with "eset purefix 2.3"

I thought PureFix stopped working on the latest ESET releases. :think:

when I do a scan of my computer and I found an infection but does not tell me what it is and does not give me the ability to remove someone tell me why?? eset perhaps is still in trial mode?

Even in trial mode ESET products are fully functional - you seem to have a misconfiguration. ;)

ilcorsaro73

Firts of all thanks for response to everyone...The problem is that even if I go to the "Tools" menu and select "Quarantine" I do not detect any threat while before the end of each scan I noted the threat and offered me the options for removal.... now I try to post pictures of my eset smart configuration

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/5527/xkxe.gif

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img843/3425/sorz.gif

Firts of all thanks for response to everyone...The problem is that even if I go to the "Tools" menu and select "Quarantine" I do not detect any threat while before the end of each scan I noted the threat and offered me the options for removal.... now I try to post pictures of my eset smart configuration

I saw your ESET setting was normal..I guess Pure-fix not working well with ESET 7

My suggest.. clean uninstall your ESET 7, first on normal mode Windows eg: with YU! unistaller, then remove your Pure-fix, reboot pc go to Safe mode..run ESET Uninstaller...check and remove properly your ESET...followed Clean with CCleaner after that restart your pc..Re-Install ESET whatever you prefer ESET 7 (ESS recommended) or EES ..don't use pure-fix try using Tnod Activator..

Edited by iih1

ilcorsaro73

I saw your ESET setting was normal..I guess Pure-fix not working well with ESET 7

My suggest.. clean uninstall your ESET 7, first on normal mode Windows eg: with YU! unistaller, then remove your Pure-fix, reboot pc go to Safe mode..run ESET Uninstaller...check and remove properly your ESET...followed Clean with CCleaner after that restart your pc..Re-Install ESET whatever you prefer ESET 7 (ESS recommended) or EES ..don't use pure-fix try using Tnod Activator..

thanks for the advice but I do not trust much tnod as an activator

thanks for the advice but I do not trust much tnod as an activator

IF doubt TNOd don't ever used it ..my Tnod that was sent to you different,..then use Valid Paid or not for resale License ESET Username and Password NOT the TRIAL.

Edited by iih1

ilcorsaro73

@ilcorsaro have you tried what I wrote? about going to "log files" and see the detected threats?!

The problem is that even if I go to the "Tools" menu and select "Quarantine" I do not detect any threat while before the end of each scan I noted the threat and offered me the options for removal

@ilcorsaro have you tried what I wrote? about going to "log files" and see the detected threats?!

The problem is that even if I go to the "Tools" menu and select "Quarantine" I do not detect any threat while before the end of each scan I noted the threat and offered me the options for removal

I asked you to go to Tools > Log Files , Not Tools > Quarantine, In Log Files you'll see what your AV had detected with name.., because ESET doesn't quarantine all threats

ilcorsaro73

The problem may be that I have not enabled these options?

http://share.pho.to/5WrCE#

ps:I wish that at the end of each scan depth eset if it detects any threat to ask me what I want to do (ignore, remove, etc ...)

ilcorsaro73

I asked you to go to Tools > Log Files , Not Tools > Quarantine, In Log Files you'll see what your AV had detected with name.., because ESET doesn't quarantine all threats

If I go to tools>log files eset does not contain any threat even if this is detected by the scan

If I go to tools>log files eset does not contain any threat even if this is detected by the scan

Go to Computer Scan > Custom Scan > Setup > Chek "Log All Objects"

When I try Custom Scan I can easily see the log! just like below:

c255d243_o.png

hi

is there anyone who has a long term key

pm in private

thankssssss :)

ilcorsaro73

Go to Computer Scan > Custom Scan > Setup > Chek "Log All Objects"

When I try Custom Scan I can easily see the log! just like below:

c255d243_o.png

I have the default settings and I have not changed anything