What Does Your Security Suite Know About You?

anuseems

Here we go : You installed that security suite to protect your computer, and your privacy, but just what is it reporting to its maker? Could your suite itself be a security risk? A pair of German computer magazines commissioned AV-Comparatives to find out. Their results are now publicly available, and the report makes interesting reading.

To start, the researchers loaded 21 popular security suites onto test PCs and analyzed their network traffic, looking at just what data was sent. The report notes that "in some cases" the data was encrypted, so they couldn't read it. That's as it should be, but it implies that in other cases the data was not encrypted. Alas, the report doesn't identify which those were." .....

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/security-software/323187-what-does-your-security-suite-know-about-you

Edited by anuseems

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anuseems

• dcs18

• geeteam

• AlexCross

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like how anuseems posts... :mad2:

So ? I cannot change for doing a complete copy paste and loading everybit on nsane server. And I read the post and its links substance before posting it , not like a few ( may be Geeteam ) who posts just for the heck of it by copying and pasting full articles .. clogging the server. Read it or leave it ( for this one's cerebrum has to be in control ).

Also, by making an irrelevant comment why you want to prove to the community that you............

For more come here http://www.nsaneforums.com/forum/25-the-chat-bar/

;-)

Edited by anuseems

Looks like Avira was a good choice to switch to from Kaspersky as far as the amount of data sent. Plus there's a free version of their AV, that according to AV Comparatives, has just as good protection as Kaspersky. No serials, trial resets, etc. required. :)

jimbojet2011

If you cant trust your Security programs no more just stop using your pc!

They need some info and in my concern its no problem

What exactly is it about anuseems' posts that you don't like? :)

What exactly is it about anuseems' posts that you don't like? :)

I don't like the fact that am reading and I have to go out of nsane.

What Does Your Security Suite Know About You?

My security system knows that I'm not using an old dinosaur - but, two very modern OS (Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 8.1 Update.) 8)