Top Posters In This Topic

• digimon

• Reefa

• Myna

• iih1

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I used VPN..but Not paid... :D

Honestly, I used VPN..but Not paid... :D

what type of vpn do you use i havent found a free vpn that doesnt have limits on speed etc

usin' OkayFreedom VPN .5Gb of traffic per month.not paid.

free vpn that doesnt have limits on speed etc

any VPN limitin' speed (or it don't hide your ass). :)

Yes i pay for the best : Privateinternetaccess :)

well id not say the best look at where they are based in the usa first

second problem is read there dmca policy

Yes and what? They are the best..Iv'e read everything about them all over the web look Here then make your mind up

Edited by F3dupsk1Nup

This is what they said about DMCA:

Question : In the event you receive a DMCA takedown notice or European equivalent, how are these handled?

Answer : We do not host any content and are therefore unable to remove any of said content. Additionally, our mission is to preserve and restore privacy on the Internet and society. As such, since we do not log or monitor anything, we’re unable to identify any users of our service.

This is what they said about DMCA:

Question : In the event you receive a DMCA takedown notice or European equivalent, how are these handled?

Answer : We do not host any content and are therefore unable to remove any of said content. Additionally, our mission is to preserve and restore privacy on the Internet and society. As such, since we do not log or monitor anything, we’re unable to identify any users of our service.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/dmca-policy

That being said, PrivateInternetAccess.com will do its best to assist copyright owners and their agents that report copyright infringement by a user that is using our services to the extent we can. However, before investigating any report of copyright infringement, we require the copyright owner or its authorized agent to give us a valid and complete DMCA takedown notices if you wish to report what you believe is infringing activity by a third party using PrivateInternetAccess.com’s VPN service. If you are unsure as to whether content on the PrivateInternetAccess.com network infringes your copyrights, then please first contact an attorney. Please deliver your notices to PrivateInternetAccess.com’s designated DMCA Agent.

Have a look at other services and tell me if they have better privacy..I think what you are not getting is they use static IP'S which basically makes it impossible to track any single user to that IP..But anyway like i said make your own choice..But i would be interested if you could point me in a better direction :)

Have a look at other services and tell me if they have better privacy..I think what you are not getting is they use static IP'S which basically makes it impossible to track any single user to that IP..But anyway like i said make your own choice..But i would be interested if you could point me in a better direction :)

well ive been using btguard myself

in theory your best bet is to use 2 vpns at once and double tunnel it which is doable i just bought 1 month subscription to pia

so now my internet traffic goes from Cleveland tn to pia Ontario Toronto servers then on to btgaurds servers again in Toronto "less lag that way"

using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/smsniff.html i can tell it works

Edited by digimon

in theory your best bet is to use 2 vpns at once and double tunnel it which is doable i just bought 1 month subscription to pia

so now my internet traffic goes from Cleveland tn to pia Ontario Toronto servers then on to btgaurds servers again in Toronto "less lag that way"

Sounds nice..I once considered btguard ..I Usually use a proxy to so what i do is double encrypted anyway :unsure:

Oh and yeah i forgot to say.Was PIA's strong encryption don't forget to experiment ;)

Edited by F3dupsk1Nup

Sounds nice..I once considered btguard ..I Usually use a proxy to so what i do is double encrypted anyway :unsure:

Oh and yeah i forgot to say.Was PIA's strong encryption don't forget to experiment ;)

im a bit surprised there wasn't more overhead running a vpn through a vpn

That's right i was surprised to.No speed issues here to run's real sweet :)

That's right i was surprised to.No speed issues here to run's real sweet :)

so you bought btguard then

No mate sorry i was talking about PIA with a web proxy.

oh id prefer tor over a web proxy

oh id prefer tor over a web proxy

Try This :)

michellesamuel95

I use HideMyAss and have done so for the last 2 years. It works very well for me. I can stream Netflix in HD with no issues as well. They are very reliable, and the customer service was great the one time I needed it.

I use HideMyAss and have done so for the last 2 years. It works very well for me. I can stream Netflix in HD with no issues as well. They are very reliable, and the customer service was great the one time I needed it.

You use HideMyAss you do realise they have leaked..

Edited by F3dupsk1Nup

Beamslider

Yes i pay for the best : Privateinternetaccess :)

well id not say the best look at where they are based in the usa first

second problem is read there dmca policy

I use PIA as well.

Being based in the USA can actually be an asset. The US does not legal require VPN services to keep logs.....Several or many other countries do require logging.

Since PIA says it does not log anything and does not monitor traffic, it would be difficult for PIA to track anything back to you.

That said. If you are downloading content you are probably 100% safe as their is an infinitely small possibility that a content owner would ever be able to track you down.

When law enforcement becomes involved regarding illegal activity (not referring to DMCA as they aren't looking for that) all bets are off. It would be almost impossible to completely hide from them and they could most likely find you if they took the effort even if you used more than one VPN.

Don't forget that even without logging by the fact that you log in there is some kind of log involved by verifying your login. This could be pegged to a VPN server and time on that server. With enough effort you could be found. They could also get a court order requiring PIA to log connections headed somewhere or from some geographic location.

And don't forget, you may have cookies or persistent session data on the computer from a non VPN session that could be accessed

You can only be safe up to a certain point

Edited by Beamslider

@myna im guessing one should avoid kepard

Yup.... I won't comment on that as things have changed from the time I emailed them.

Recently there has been a change in the law. European Court of Justice has declared Europe’s Data Retention directive to be a violation of Internet users’ privacy. The Data Retention directive required EU Internet providers and other telecom companies to log and store their subscribers’ data. With the new ruling these companies are no longer required to log extensive amount of user data.

IDK if Kepard benefitted from this. But a few VPN providers certainly did. Maybe Kepard did too.

I've used Kepard and I must say, its good.