Ubuntu 14.10 Release Schedule

geeteam

Grab a pencil and the nearest pencil: the expected release date of Ubuntu 14.10 ‘Utopic Unicorn’ is October 16, 2014.

gnome-calendar-applet.jpg

The date, along with others listed on the Ubuntu Wiki and reprinted below, are subject to change at any time. It may be highly usual that they do, but be aware that the possibility exists. I don’t want to be blamed if you throw a party two days early!
The most recent version of Ubuntu was 14.04 LTS which was released on April 17th, 2014.
Key Ubuntu 14.10 Release Dates
As you’re probably used to by now, Ubuntu proper only participates in select milestone releases, specifically the ‘final beta’ and the ‘release candidate’.
It’s mogwai-like band of siblings, which includes Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu & Ubuntu GNOME, do become available for testing sooner, with two alpha and a pair of beta milestones available for their respective development teams to opt-in to.
  • Alpha 1 - June 26th (for flavours)
  • Alpha 2 – July 24th (for flavours)
  • Feature Freeze — August 21st
  • Beta 1 – August 28th (for flavours)
  • UI Freeze — September 11th
  • Final Beta – September 25th
  • Kernel Freeze — October 2nd
  • Release Candidate – October 9th
The final release of the Utopic Unicorn is tentatively scheduled for:
Ubuntu 14.10 – October 16th
Edited by geeteam

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• demoneye

• Arizin

• Karamjit

Top Posters In This Topic

The next XP. :lol:

by doing this they're gonna make the release look important. whatever they do still can't Even take windows vista's place, let alone windows xp!

Ubuntu is slow . I'd recommend Linux Mint which is fast and fluid and more like XP.

Ubuntu is slow . I'd recommend Linux Mint which is fast and fluid and more like XP.

When was the last time you used Ubuntu? Try the Ubuntu 14.04 and say that again.

Ubuntu has better drivers than mint. Ubuntu recognized my graphics card and run on 3 monitors right away without even trying.

Edited by badrobot

I would recommend windows 8 or 8.1 fast and fluid not like xp :rolleyes:

nothing linux can or will ever do will ever match windows or apple os..... not even close enough for all but the hard core to use every day...

When was the last time you used Ubuntu? Try the Ubuntu 14.04 and say that again.

Ubuntu has better drivers than mint. Ubuntu recognized my graphics card and run 3 on monitors right away without even trying.

agreed ! mint refuse to load in my system coz of the vga driver it provide (X10 :wtf: )

better use Ubuntu , run with ZerO issues :showoff:

Never had any Problems with Mint so far , It recognized my video card straight out of the box and not a single slowdown has ever occured. It might be slow to some of you guys but not for me .

Never had any Problems with Mint so far , It recognized my video card straight out of the box and not a single slowdown has ever occured. It might be slow to some of you guys but not for me .

well i got 2 pcs here showing black screen after it got installed , i try using the source Ubuntu and all went OK.

that point that mint modify the Ubuntu distro to much , and in a bad way/

There are 2 OSes in the world Ubuntu and the rest. #GetItRight Ubuntu Rocks :showoff:

nothing linux can or will ever do will ever match windows or apple os..... not even close enough for all but the hard core to use every day...

What linux distro have you tried? Be specific.

mint....cinnamon linux lite and a few others going back a few years ago to recent offerings... i have several high end cameras and need the windows based software i have for them to just work with out headache and heart ache..however..i will ubuntu 14.4 on on my old toshiba p4 just to surf the net while out on my deck with a few beers this summer

Edited by dMog

ok ubuntu linux lovers..what flavor is best for a notebook...so i can dual boot my older notebook

by doing this they're gonna make the release look important. whatever they do still can't Even take windows vista's place, let alone windows xp!

i think u are tout of microsoft. this is the clear indication how people are still slave of capitalists. they suffer from NSA -MS collaboration and still look like pimp of microsoft. pure slavery. for more detail follow this link and see how MS makes people fool by forcing their windows update even if user switches off automatic updates.

moreover it has been proved that MS gives information to NSA about vulnerbilities in windows before pathching it so that NSA can spy on people's systems.

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/microsoft-updates-windows-without-users-consent/

and see how German govt warns not to use Windows 8 or 8.1. follow this link:

http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2013/08/23/leaked-german-government-warns-key-entities-not-to-use-windows-8-linked-to-nsa/

Edited by pamadhilwankalan

ok ubuntu linux lovers..what flavor is best for a notebook...so i can dual boot my older notebook

ubuntu 14.4 LTS. no special editon for notebook. just single setup for notebook, desktop and laptop.

well i got 2 pcs here showing black screen after it got installed , i try using the source Ubuntu and all went OK.

that point that mint modify the Ubuntu distro to much , and in a bad way/

I'm not saying I dont like Ubuntu. In fact I have been using Ubuntu 13.04 for a while and I was really happy with it.But after upgrading to 13.10 ,I had terrible slowdowns.

yes , this is scary shit no argue about that , but for my understanding you got to be scared of that only if u are a Russian spy :D

i HOPE this kinda shit doest exist in Ubuntu or any other distro....

Edited by demoneye