WZOR leaks info about Windows 8.2, Windows 9 and cloud based OS

cyberber

Russian pirate group WZOR leaked additional information about Windows 9 and another update to Windows 8.1. The group is considered a reliable source with a huge track record of leaking confidential information and downloads.
Nevertheless, Windows 9 should contain a start button as well and according to WZOR it will be a component of a next generation of the Metro interface. In the classic form the start menu will be available on devices without a touchscreen and on server systems.
On systems with a touchscreen, the start button should be a different concept. There are rumors that Windows 9 might become available at no cost however WZOR is not able to confirm this. The group states that reports on a free Windows 9 are ‘not consistent’ but the group also doesn’t disqualify them.

Besides Windows 9 Microsoft is also working on Windows Cloud.According to WZOR there is a group working on a prototype operating system where the client software will be free to download and additional functionality requires a subscription.

The functionality to download the OS resides in the system’s BIOS. Once installed Windows Cloud requires an internet connection for full functionality. In offline mode the OS would be similar to Microsoft’s budget operating system, Windows Starter.

Unfortunately WZOR is unable to provide more information, and the group states it has become more difficult to obtain confidential information. Recently a former Microsoft employee was arrested after leaking software to a journalist and Microsoft now ramped up their security which impacts sources of the group.

The group states Windows 8.2 might see the light this year, Windows 9 will introduce a new version of Metro, might be free and according to WZOR Microsoft is working on a cloud based operating system (OS). According to WZOR there will be another update to Windows 8.1 this autumn.

The update will be similar to the Spring Update or Windows 8.1 Update 1 update released recently. The Autumn Update might be called Windows 8.1 Update 2 but could also end up as being released as Windows 8.2. WZOR claims that the name is yet undecided and is subject to a lot of discussion inside Microsoft.

Part of the Autumn Update will be the start menu Microsoft showed at the BUILD conference three weeks ago. Rumors said this start menu would be released in Windows 9 but according to WZOR it will be part of the upcoming Autumn Update.

Source: http://www.beyondwindows9.com/index.php/topic/13080-wzor-leaks-info-about-windows-82-windows-9-and-cloud-based-os/

Edited by 7h3Pr3d47oR
Edit title/Fixed Source.

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• MidnightDistortions

• cyberber

• software182

Windows is getting more and more complicated to get hold on and requiring pro knowledge. I see Linux taking over soon.

Why don't MSFT listen to the users? Who's gonna pay them for their OS? It's the users, aren't they? Users are not willing to leave Windows because it's what they are used to. So it's hard to adopt other - don't take a advantage of it.

DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO LOVE YOUR PRODUCT, MAKE A PRODUCT FOR WHICH PEOPLE CAN'T RESIST LOVING IT.

Source ? :(

WZOR... obviously ...

WZOR-reputable source. Windows 8.1 is, for the most part, universally hated. I have NO problems with it. That being said, if we get Windows 9 for free or next to nothing, good for those of us who've stuck by 8.1.

Edited by shorty6100

Windows is getting more and more complicated to get hold on and requiring pro knowledge. I see Linux taking over soon.

Why don't MSFT listen to the users? Who's gonna pay them for their OS? It's the users, aren't they? Users are not willing to leave Windows because it's what they are used to. So it's hard to adopt other - don't take a advantage of it.

DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO LOVE YOUR PRODUCT, MAKE A PRODUCT FOR WHICH PEOPLE CAN'T RESIST LOVING IT.

There is no way in a million year's linux will take over windows :rolleyes:

Edited by F3dupsk1Nup

No doubt for now to think like this as things are yet not turned that complicated. But the way they are proceeding to the future, is questionable.

Linux may have alot of distros people dont like change. Only the computer enthusiasts are going to migrate to linux the computer illiterates not used to linux and some that dont know linux exists are going to need family or friends teach them about linux or take a computer class small computer class that is to learn about it (thats what my dad did to learn windows and how much he knows which is funny he doesnt know half of what I do thats not his fault high school software class vocational training and self-teaching and my big brother to teach me computers helped alot). Im going to start learning linux and people like me are going to also the majority of windows users arent computer smart and not every family gots a family or friend that knows computers that can teach them thats where microsoft comes in and why windows is such a fundamental architecture and why they need to listen to there users there starting to they needed to way before this that is the problem..

Edited by Holmes

MidnightDistortions

I'd say the only way Linux is going to get some usage share is if they had Linux systems selling in stores. Someone had the idea of putting Android on a desktop but they would probably benefit more by using Mint or Ubuntu.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 9
Windows 8.1 Update 2
Office 2015
Office 2013 Gemini (Windows UI apps)
Windows 365 Alpha

screen_329_zps61da2dbe.jpg

True! Forget about making way to home, in the past 14 years, it has not been able to sneak in to the offices. How can it now take over Windows ? Above all, who has the time to shuffle between numerous Linux distros.

Edited by Rok

MidnightDistortions

The only good thing about having a Cloud based OS is that you won't need to run the OS off your hard drive which takes up space, though with the 6TB+ drive capacities on the horizon there's really no reason you can't run an OS or complain you are running out of drive space.

It would be great to access one OS across multiple PCs and all your info, but generally that's why i got a laptop and 2 desktops and try to have all my info on an external hard drive or flash drive.