[How To] - Panda Antivirus & NOD32 Antivirus

victorboy

hello MODs & Mates....

i had join the forum quite sometime, and according to the rules, as a member should post something in the forum. sometime very hard to look for soemthing to post, but i have to obey the forum rules. :huh:

ok here is my question, did anyone use Panda Antivirus Application? my question is how to restore the file which Panda Antivirus removed the file to the quarantine? so far i browse all over the setting, but i still can't find those setting.

Panda Antivirus doen't provide Backup Quarantine before Eliminate. some my file was not a virus, but the Panda Antivirus help me to removed and eliminate the file.

i just one to know whre is the settings only. this antivirus was awesome, able to removed most of the virus/malware/trojan and doesn't use much hardware resources.

thanks for the advance! :huh:

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there, for a start Panda is useless, it's huge of resources and it's basically a rip of Norton in the way that it performs.

Anyway, if the Antivirus deosn't allow you to release items from the Quarantine then don't, it's probably better in it then out.

On some AV's, you can deselect the items like you can in the Recycle Bin.

• Administrator

I think you know a different panda to everyone else greg. Yes, panda uses lots of memory, but its CPU usage and "system drag" are reletivly low. Newer versions of norton use less resources and this is always improving.

I don't even think Panda has a quarentine does it? :huh:

Every AntiVirus has to contain the virus before deletion, it acts as a backup recovery that the file may be a System File and therefore it would need to be duplicated to formatted again.

Panda as I knew it when I actually 'bought' it from PC World in Sheffield, near where I live it was about $50 and it worked for a while, then got slower and slower and slower and dramaticly slowed my startup speeds.

• Administrator

A anti-virus does not HAVE to contain a backup or quarantine. Theres no such thing has a MUST in terms of anti-virus software, especially with something like this...

YOUR experiance is singular and in this occasion isn't that of the masses. Also... what version? Unless its the latest version its not a valid assumption/ point.

wow, guys, thanks for your prompt reply!!! :P

i just found out actually panda did has the option to restore the file if the file been removed by Panda antivirus... :wacko:

there are two version available in the Panda antivirus, Titanium and Platinum...

Titanium doens't have the option for restore file.

Platinum has the option / section to restore file been removed.

:D i had uninstalled the Titanuim and installed the Platinum version, and found out this option. not sure, maybe titanium have the option but i can't find it. so far, that antivirus help me to removed those malware which i am not going to restore.

PandaAntivirusComparisonChart.jpg

accordingly to the chart above, maybe the quarantine option fall under the Advance Setting, which Titanium doesn't have this.

oh ya, Panda was not as bad as Norton. After install the antivirus, my system doen't lag much. yes, memory usage a bit high, but so far it wouldn't slow down my system. most malware, viruses sucessfully to be remove which is very good, panda seem very power.

trendmicro also not bad, and NOD32.

Platinum version quarantine option.

PandaAntivirusPlatinumQuarantineOpt.jpg

Guys....

just edited my subject...

one more question on NOD32, how to backup the configuration profile, import and export. everytime i do install, reinstall, i have to go thru all the settings and reconfigure it. any idea?

thanks! :P

• Administrator

Support for that feature isn't currently available. AFAIK it will be added to NOD32 3.0 expected to be released sometime next year.

Support for that feature isn't currently available. AFAIK it will be added to NOD32 3.0 expected to be released sometime next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ic...

no wonder i keep seaching the profile backup and no such function for that, we shall wait and see the upcoming new version. :P

• Administrator

Well i kinda lied. You can "backup" the values shown in the pic below. Just use the export feature of regedit. Also be sure to install NOD32 into the same directory as its currently installed into :wub:

nod32settings9tl.jpg

(and no... thats not my computer :wub: )

• 2 months later...
Well i kinda lied. You can "backup" the values shown in the pic below. Just use the export feature of regedit. Also be sure to install NOD32 into the same directory as its currently installed into :)

(and no... thats not my computer :lol: )

OMG!!!

it has been long time didn't join this forum..

thanks lite for the great guide... :bong:

and how dare you lied to me!!! :rofl:

if i can't backup the NOD setting, i will come back and look for you!!! :D

thanks

Archived