Quality Windows 7 Lite ISO? Anyone know a good one?

d3v

Hi all, I'm getting a lot of crappy spec netbooks that are running Windows 7 on poor quality CPU's and 1GB RAM so I'm after a Lite stripped down verison of Windows 7 that works realiably. Does anyone know a good one?

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d3v

• Kalju

• Alhaitham

• go0gle

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not recommended to use lite/modded versions iso of Windows 7 because they are unofficial and may contain system files malfunction or malware :rolleyes:

You can just install a normal version of Windows 7 (home ,pro , ultimate ..whatever.) and then use a Windows 7 manager software to optimize your Windows behavior (services , processes ..etc) and you are done! :)

There are many Windows 7 managers/tweakers :

Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager 4.4.2
Glary Utilities 4.10.0.100 / 2.56.0.1822
Advanced SystemCare Pro 7.2.1.434
WinTools.net Premium 14.0.1

Ohh..your netbook spec. too old, use w7 starter or windows xp. Dont use w7 mod.

freeforever03

I have one of those crappy net books and I installed a lite version of Windows 7 on it. It works but the net book is is still slow and crappy. Also note that lite versions of Windows 7 are limited and will only do simple things. If you want to try it, I found a copy of Windows 7 lite on TPB (several years ago), but it may not be available any more.

There is no sense to be a skeptic, I have personally tested it with Windows 7 Ultimate on PC with 1GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 processor 64 bit version, the frequency 1.67GHz. Totally works. Not worse as the Win XP Pro, what was there previously.
Later I added RAM, but the result changes very little.
So, feel free to put a Windows 7 Home Premium, and if possibly increase the RAM up to 2GB - if possible. For players it is bit few, but for them, who read emails, etc, writes some texts, it's sufficient.

Thanks guys I just installed the Windows 7 Thin PC edition via USB flash drive and I'm really happy with the speed and smoothness. Thanks for making me aware of this great little stripped-down Win7 ISO.

One more question. What is the definitively best method of activating Windows, and keeping it activated? I try various apps and tools but some seem to only last so long before Windows starts moaning about activation.

p.s I never select the ***1033KB WAT update during Windows update, I hide it infact.

Thanks guys I just installed the Windows 7 Thin PC edition via USB flash drive and I'm really happy with the speed and smoothness. Thanks for making me aware of this great little stripped-down Win7 ISO.

One more question. What is the definitively best method of activating Windows, and keeping it activated?

If You dont have legal working key, then only Daz loader, and don't try anything other.

One more question. What is the definitively best method of activating Windows, and keeping it activated? I try various apps and tools but some seem to only last so long before Windows starts moaning about activation.

p.s I never select the ***1033KB WAT update during Windows update, I hide it infact.

You can always test this lite versions HERE . I use myself " Microsoft.Windows.7.SP1.x86.ESD-LiTE8 - 2014.3 " from that site and its BEST lite version I have ever tested so far (and I tested many :D )

I use daz loader too, because it activates without need to install netframework4, which other needs. The only negative about daz loader for me is that after activating I still get message on my screen, that windows is not genuine, which I fix after with app "remove watermark"

goOgle, this past 3 days I have used and installed that Windows 7 lite on approx 7 laptops and netbooks, some good, some old a slow, but one thing has remained constant... that Win7 lite is certainly very quick and well thought-out by the maker. It's definitely now my number one primary OS for any computer repairs. His Windows 7 XP ISO is very buggy, however, so his ISO's are a mixed bag in terms of quality!

thanks!

As for Windows 7 Thin PC I absolutely love the performance and non-blaotedness, and would say it's better than the Windows 7 lite that goOgle recommends, but it has one major flaw and that is that it does not support .net 3.5 so if a customer uses Windows Live Mail it's no good. Anyone know a custom Windows 7 Thin PC ISO that has .net 3.5 integrated in to it? That would blow the Windows 7 lite ISO outa the water!

p.s what do you guys do about Windows updates? Every time I get to desktop after a fresh install of Windows 7 everything runs silky smooth then system speed takes massive hits after each batch of security updates.... really fucking annoying. Are 20+ .net vulnerability patches really fucking neccesary?

Edited by d3v