Here comes the black market for XP patches

anuseems

Strange things to do with an OS like pissing,sleeping,marriage........but I do not believe in these strange ideas.I believe an OS should be treated as an OS only and nothing more.

You are the live example as the disbeliever of your own idea. Just look at your avatar. You are pissing on a OS.

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• rudrax

• DesiPirate

• CODYQX4

MidnightDistortions

lol i like how this thread went south.

Anyway if you can afford to patch up XP you can afford to get a new machine running whatever OS you want. Because even at $25 for patches, if MS is still doing this monthly, you could have bought a new computer within 12 months. :duh: You could spend even less if you grab some salvageable parts like the hard drive and the optical drive. I wouldn't use the PSU because most store bought PC's have cheap PSU's in them that would most likely kill your new PC. And at this point XP is probably the most unsecure OS, though Windows 7 might be a direct target now. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to pay for an OS you want to keep running, like XP but you would benefit further by learning Linux or just switching to a currently supported OS.

Though it's quite funny to see XP users throw $200 at MS to keep an archaic OS running. While your software and other problems with Windows 7 or Windows 8 might be valid, i would have saved that money and then bought a Windows 8 machine or saved all or most of your money by switching to Linux instead of spending that money on getting MS to keep support on an OS that in it's own time will eventually die off.

lol i like how this thread went south.

Anyway if you can afford to patch up XP you can afford to get a new machine running whatever OS you want. Because even at $25 for patches, if MS is still doing this monthly, you could have bought a new computer within 12 months. :duh: You could spend even less if you grab some salvageable parts like the hard drive and the optical drive. I wouldn't use the PSU because most store bought PC's have cheap PSU's in them that would most likely kill your new PC. And at this point XP is probably the most unsecure OS, though Windows 7 might be a direct target now. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to pay for an OS you want to keep running, like XP but you would benefit further by learning Linux or just switching to a currently supported OS.

Though it's quite funny to see XP users throw $200 at MS to keep an archaic OS running. While your software and other problems with Windows 7 or Windows 8 might be valid, i would have saved that money and then bought a Windows 8 machine or saved all or most of your money by switching to Linux instead of spending that money on getting MS to keep support on an OS that in it's own time will eventually die off.

maybe for one computer? but what about a business with over 200 computers?

$25 that covers all or a huge cheque to replace all computers?

MidnightDistortions

maybe for one computer? but what about a business with over 200 computers?

$25 that covers all or a huge cheque to replace all computers?

Yes, that's true. But businesses should know that the OS they are using is nearing it's end. As others have said before you can't expect XP to last forever. It's a lack of planning on their part but in the end businesses will spend money on whatever they like.

jilowjacob1990

Let's all be snarky to somehow boost our pathetic egos.

Yep.

The people coming from that part of the world are well known for their hypocrisy.