Internet Download Manager 6.19 Build 7

anuraag

Yeah...last time / now, I try hosts method like Roger D..

and just put one line on hosts file don't forget to make read only your Hosts file see below..if possible check edit and save by hostsman 4.3.1

#------------------hosts file

127.0.0.1 registeridm.com

------------------------------------

That's completely wrong advice - just try checking for an internal update through the GUI and then post the screenshot of the IDM windows, here.

• Replies 165
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• iih1

• jofre

• Lionel

Top Posters In This Topic

Now i've a popup that's sayin i'm not using a good version

:rofl: :lmao:

Didn't you read my previous post?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you want to solve both your problems - the freezing and the victim of software piracy pop-up, as well?

Of course, without patching any exe if possible.

The freezing issue can be firefox with adblock+ and ghostery fault, another user have that issue

Yeah, of course - but, free your mind from what I've struck off from your quote.

• Shut down all open programs & applications
  • Exit IDM from your Tray Icon
  • Use your fav. Task manager to ensure that IDM and/or any of it's processes are not running in the background
  • Navigate to this thread - read it fully and then add (by copy-paste) all of the hosts entries that Roger has described
  • Ensure that the attribute of your hosts file with the new entries is changed to read-only
  • Navigate to post # 2 and install this add-on via Firefox
  • Shutdown Firefox
  • Use your fav. Task manager to ensure that Firefox and/or any of it's processes are not running in the background
  • Now, start IDM - if it bitches about being pirated, opt for register and then fill up the registration details with at least a valid license
  • IDM will restart and bingo you're the man
Edited by dcs18

I dislike host method . . . when there's 100% assured working solution why to use host :showoff:

Nice share BidyuT, they talk about host method :D

Shouldn't we?? :huh:

I dislike host method . . . when there's 100% assured working solution why to use host :showoff:

How much percentage of an assured working solution is the hosts method - according to you???

Coz.. Hosts method is one time procedure..Means after using hosts method you won't have to search for the patch and do the hassle again and again with every release.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just download the setup and install it over the previous installation..and you'll be registered always.. :yes:

Edited by Roger D

How much percentage of an assured working solution is the hosts method - according to you???

Host method works for sure , but most probably its recommended to use host method only if there's no alternative solution . . Beside host method kinda difficult to new users (read only properties,pasting,again change properties etc) . . so patch method better & easier to use than host method . .

Everything works

Good!!!

It's not over, yet - there's still one more step.

Everything works but i've a question : why must we download firefox addon separately ?

You either do everything I tell you to . . . . . . . . . . . or we do not move forward - remember what I said free your mind.

Host method works for sure.

Thank you for your admission!!!

You forgot - it's 100% an assured & working solution.

but most probably its recommended to use host method only if there's no alternative solution . . Beside host method kinda difficult to new users (read only properties,pasting,again change properties etc) . . so patch method better & easier to use than host method . .

On the contrary, it's recommended to patch your IDM only for those who cannot use the hosts file.

Beside host method kinda difficult to new users (read only properties,pasting,again change properties etc) . . so patch method better & easier to use than host method . .

Right the hosts method is not for n00bs - are you one???

BTW, if you say that one has to paste, then change the file properties & attribute to read-only - sorry, you have absolutely no knowledge about the hosts method (it's just a one-time procedure in your entire life.) Are you one???

With each IDM release, it's the patching that has to be done every time . . . . . . over and over, again and again - the hosts method is a single-time procedure in life and then it never ever fails. Are you one???

I don't catch what you mean, all work properly, i follow all your instructions with success :showoff:

OK, good - now, just just follow the final steps:--

• Install a fresh copy of the latest IDM
  • The add-on that you installed from post # 2, via Firefox will be automatically removed.

software182

ok, i think i have solved my problem, unchecked the "run module for monitoring IE Based browser" in IDM browser/system integration.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Will it make conflict in the future ? :think:

Indeed!, it seems to be buggy, it doesn't automatically download sometimes + look at what I get in Youtube when clicking download!

Can you post only that link which you uploaded as a screenshot.

I couldn't understand what you meant!, Do you mean that posting link only is better than the screenshot?

is this buggy or its just me ?

is it just me or this new IDM takes too much CPU Resource ? :s

Indeed!, it seems to be buggy, it doesn't automatically download sometimes + look at what I get in Youtube when clicking download!

Which method have you guys employed - the hosts method or some crack?

No such issue, here as reported by all of you - check out the same download link (no CPU hogging, either - using the hosts method):--

viLwU0Z.png

I didn't notice ressouces hog till now, I used patch method, but for download issues you can try the link below and you'll notice that chrome downloads the file instead of IDM even the extension is enabled!, and for Youtube issue, I think it's only with HTML5 mode, Flash mode maybe is fine.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/0984962337/6.19.build7__patches.rar

@ mazigh

No need for your video link - I already found it at YouTube and have also illustrated that we - hosts Users, are not having your issue.

Check out the following screenshot:--

viLwU0Z.png

I don't catch what you mean, all work properly, i follow all your instructions with success :showoff:

• The add-on that you installed from post # 2, via Firefox will be automatically removed.

After few test, everything works fine, without any patch, i prefer like this. thanks!

After few test, everything works fine, without any patch, i prefer like this. thanks!

Is something wrong with you - what patch are you referring to? :unsure:

I'm speaking of the original IDM installation - not some patch. :lol:

Nice share BidyuT, they talk about host method :D

Shouldn't we?? :huh:

Same!, hosts method is a little bit the same as any patch, because once IDM team add a new host and you are ruined ^_^, the only advantage of hosts method is that you are safer from viruses.