FrostWire 4.18.0

jalaffa

FrostWire.pngFrostWire is a free Gnutella client based on LimeWire distributed under terms of the GPL. It was created in September 2005 after LimeWire LLC received a cease and desist letter from the RIAA, threatening to sue them for millions of dollars unless they stop their users from offering copyrighted songs. Unwilling to take the matter to court, LimeWire implemented a filter, preventing its users from sharing audio files that did not contain either a commercial Weed license or a Creative Commonse License.

Thanks to Rock Lee for the update

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

I think this was asked before but a long long time ago.

Anyway, between this and LimeWire, is there much of a difference between the two?

comparison

also check http://www.frostwire.com/ for more info. the front page has a good overview.

Explore the features

* Completely Free & Open Source!
* Faster Download Speeds
* No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.

* iTunes™ Compatible!
* Faster Torrent Speeds
* Friendly Online Chat Rooms

* Bittorrent Support!
* Even More Connections
* New & Improved Skins

essentially it's the same as limewire pro but no ads or anything else thrown in to bog down the application. as far as i know, there's nothing limewire has that frostwire lacks.

SacredCultivator

It's not bad... But the results suck since they come attached with sooooooooooooo many extraneous keywords (hhe you know what i mean if you use it and search for stuff you shouldn't be =P)

But nonetheless it is good.

If using for Torrenting, max is 5 huh? As I was able to change from 3 to 5 by chancing the connectin from Broadband to T3

ya, i do not find the network to be all that great. too many fake files or poor quality files. sometimes i'll use it if i just want to search for a single song, but even then i have mixed results. the only upside to it is that if you do find the file you want (and it happens to be legit and good quality), it will likely download very fast.

Archived