403 Errors

hodag

When I try to view the files using the links on the left side of the main window (System Tools for example), I will often get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This does not happen all the time, sometimes a reload from the 403 screen will bring up the requested page, but it is happening more often recently. I have no trouble getting to the new stuff off the front page or reaching this forum. It this something unique to me, or is the site having issues?

I noticed another thread on this same topic on the next page (apparently corrected by a browser cache reset). However, I have deleted the contents of my browser cache and even nuked my NSane cookies (three times) to no avail.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Do you use a proxy to access the internet sometimes? I see your ISP is Comcast, are you assigned a dynamic IP?

Which web browser are you using?

I use a proxy once in a blue moon. I have Privoxy / Vidalia on my box, but it is disabled by default (I might use it once in six or nine months).

You are correct that my ISP is Comcast. The Comcast IP addresses are technically dynamic, but I often have the same one for months and months so it almost the same as static. The IP I pull from my NAT router is static based on my MAC address.

I don't think this is browser related. Most of the time I run IE7 on XP Pro, patched with the latest MS updates, but I can reproduce the exact same problem using Firefox 3. As I said in the original posting, a page refresh (or 2 or 3) will usually solve the problem so not a big deal, but I thought I should report it.

Archived