Mozilla Firefox 29.0 Beta 9

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• Purple Trail

• steven36

• 7even

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you elaborate your configuation?

I understood from Firefox's Google plus page that something new is coming to Firefox, anybody have the idea that something new is? Just Curious ... :ermm:

Purple Trail

I assume he was referring to this. The answer is right there in the comments, it's the new Australis design which is coming in Firefox 29. You can already try this beta version, it includes the new design.

Edited by Purple Trail

freeforever03

I am having a problem with Firefox 29.0. After launching the program, it doesn't always close (turn off) completely. When I try to start it again, I get a message stating that Firefox is already running. At that point I have to run the task manager to turn it off.

I am having a problem with Firefox 29.0. After launching the program, it doesn't always close (turn off) completely. When I try to start it again, I get a message stating that Firefox is already running. At that point I have to run the task manager to turn it off.

hmm, i think you said before about having that problem. i'm not seeming to have that problem any more on my portable version on auto-updating (not sure if that's what you're using too?). all i can think of is the standard - fx safe mode > check each addon, or try a new profile. it might still be happening on mine too (but if it is, it seems rare as i havent encoutered it in perhaps a weekish, i think).

I assume he was referring to this. The answer is right there in the comments, it's the new Australis design which is coming in Firefox 29. You can already try this beta version, it includes the new design.

That one is no longer new - the Australis is a 9 beta old news. :)

Purple Trail

That one is no longer new - the Australis is a 9 beta old news. :)

Well, Australis was actually announced way before the beta even. For testers yes, this is old news, but they still need to officially announce Australis for the rest of the world when Firefox 29 goes final. There is no other new design to announce.

The last two beta crashed randomly when loading or scrolling a page, for me.

It's a first, Firefox is rock solid usually for me.

I hope that this release will correct the problem i have.

If not, i may try the stable version.

I suggest you, with simple way...when you install FF they will offer Maintenace in background..Just uncheck/Unthick..

then go to install, ..Install choose customize..close to end, of the installation Uncheck FF as your default browser..

and after install finish go to option advance choose Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them..

That's it, all of this I did on every FF installation.. Optional I prefer use for appearance My FF: Noia Fox 2.1.4 or Noia 4 1.8.9

because it's clear backgound.. I hope as your reference see spoiler..

image.png

fff.png

Edited by iih1

This is the 1st Beta Cycle of Firefox Ive tested in a long time , Ive not had no trouble with it on Windows 8.1.1 , I'm using the Classic Theme Restorer (Customize Australis) with it.. Its the 1st version Ive liked in a good while .. I was using Firefox ESR 24 ... But this Beta seems pretty stable to me .. So I will keep using it .

The config. for the V29 has been exactly the same as it was with the V28.

Can u tell us what config you're using right now? :)

Could you elaborate your configuation?

Can u tell us what config you're using right now? :)

Firefox configurations are too comprehensive and exhaustive to demonstrate, here - however, one of the very best guides that I personally have come across is available at the following link:--

http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html :)