VMware Workstation 10.0.2 Build 1744117

anuraag

VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and enterprise IT professionals that runs multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Users can run Windows, Linux, NetWare, or Solaris x86 in fully networked, portable virtual machines with no rebooting or hard drive partitioning required. VMware Workstation delivers excellent performance and advanced features such as memory optimization and the ability to manage multi-tier configurations and multiple snapshots. With millions of customers and dozens of major product awards over the last six years, VMware Workstation is a proven technology that improves productivity and flexibility. An indispensable tool for software developers and IT professionals worldwide.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• Knightmare

• avmad

• Matsuda

I've install VMware-workstation-full-10.0.1-1379776, seems like to update to the latest version. :D

Whats the difference between this and the VMware Player?

I'm getting errors trying to uninstall older version, so I did a revo uninstall but it's still thinking that it's VMware is installed. :(

I'm getting errors trying to uninstall older version, so I did a revo uninstall but it's still thinking that it's VMware is installed. :(

why do you still think VMware is installed even after you have uninstall?

Because when I try to run the new installer, it keeps asking me to uninstall another version, but it doesn't know which version. I've tried running the /clean command with the installer, but that didn't work.

post-29397-0-63186400-1397910359_thumb.j

Because when I try to run the new installer, it keeps asking me to uninstall another version, but it doesn't know which version. I've tried running the /clean command with the installer, but that didn't work.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Use Revo Uninstaller Pro to completely remove it and every trace of it.

I've had loads of problems before updating new versions. I always make a backup in case it goes wrong now.

Here's some links I have bookmarked from searching for solutions in the past. Maybe they can help you.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1308&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=483846332&stateId=1%200%20483856527

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1005027&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=483846332&stateId=1%200%20483856527

http://chaladi.me/2012/08/01/solving-vmware-workstation-7-8-9-installation-script-errors/

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/257079

Never ever seen this issue, not even one single time - BTW, what OS are you running? :think:

Never ever seen this issue, not even one single time - BTW, what OS are you running? :think:

Windows 7. I get this error every time I update. I managed to fix it by manually going thru the system and deleting everything related to the program.

No problem here with this update: previous version installed on my win 8.1... i have open vmware, I did check for updates to the program, found the update and downloaded,launch the update....vmware automatically detect old verison and remove it..then installing new version....Done.

Edited by maia